I am so out of shape and I Cannot stop eating

Options
i want to be able to run a 5k without dying halfway through. I wanna look at my body and say "damn I look good". But I need support.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Look up the app C25K.
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    i want to be able to run a 5k without dying halfway through. I wanna look at my body and say "damn I look good". But I need support.

You can do anything you set your mind to! If you think your eating is a serious problem you should consult a doctor but other than that you just have to REALLY want to make the change. Would you rather eat well and exercise or not be happy with your body/not in a healthy body? You just have to change your mindset. You can do it girl!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I wanted the same. well not the running, cause ew.

you know what you need to do. so do it.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You have to want it, nobody can do this for you :)
  • RMCottonRPh
    RMCottonRPh Posts: 41 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Before you can change your body, you have to change your mindset. You MAY be out of shape, but you don't HAVE TO BE forever. And there is no need to STOP EATING. Just START EATING the right foods. If you make up your mind to do it, you will. If you resign yourself to staying overweight and over-eating, then overweight is how you'll stay.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Don't expect results over-night :]
    That goes for both weight loss *and* fitness.

When I started exercising, I couldn't run. It just wouldn't happen for me. I couldn't run at ALL. Slowly and gradually, I went from slow walking to a faster pace walk. After a while I added a slight incline to my walks. Soon, I could lightly jog for a minute or two at a time. 4 months later, I can now confidently run for up to a mile without having to stop to recover. It really is a bit-by-bit process but if you're dedicated and focused, you'll get there.

You can keep your eating in check by sticking with MFP and being realistic about your goals. Your body needs fuel to run so you need to be eating *enough* but too much food will equal weight loss. Work out your calorie allowance, use the motivation I know you have in you somewhere and stick with it and you'll get your results.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Children do what feels good in the moment.

Adults make a plan and stick to it.
    Dave Ramsey

Time to grow up. Make a plan. Don't do s diet. Change your lifestyle permanently. You may have to do counseling to deal with whatever you medicate with food. It's going to be long, slow, painful and hard.

But as a grown up you get to choose.
    Life or Death.
    Freedom or slavery.

You choose.
  • fionnnnaaaa
    fionnnnaaaa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks using MFP, tracking everything that I goes in my mouth and feeling in control - we CAN do this!!
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I started here a year ago, 110# heavier and only able to run 1 minute and be completely winded. Im running an 8k this weekend at a 6mph pace. You can do this.
  • l8knut
    l8knut Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Heck, your young yet! You are still at the point in your life where you can change your habits before they become permanent.There are a lot of great people here and this MFP app is awesome. Your life will be about choices. Take credit for the good ones and take responsibility for the bad ones. Good Luck!!
  • raufden
    raufden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Its mot the goal that's important, it's the process to achieve the goal that should be your focus. I use the "I don't" process. Examples: "I don't miss workouts", I don't eat desert", "I don't snack between meals." There are studies that indicated if you use this type of process, you won't regress and not do something. If seems to work for me, I've lost 20 pounds in the last three months. Good Luck
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    "I wanna look at my body and say "damn I look good"."

There's your support right there. Get a full length mirror and start looking. Maintain once you say: "damn I look good".

If you want it, get it. We all get the bodies we want. Just depends on who much we want it.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    To learn how to run a 5k, I used this podcast (available on iTunes, too). http://myrunningmate.com/ I know it looks old, but I used it quite recently and it's still 100% relevant.

Todd is a very supportive trainer/voice and adds a little bit of practical reality/humor to the program. He introduces some basic concepts regarding pace right away in the first couple episodes, then at about episode 4 he introduces additional ones like some basic breathing techniques.

My first structured 5k race is this Sunday. Last Sunday I jogged 5k at a 13:00 pace. You can too, I'm nearly twice your age and used to be 100 lbs overweight.