Sometimes a little support is all one needs to succeed. :)

Options
Hi, my name is Natalie, and I am a Med-Surg RN. I work in a hospital so I get to see unhealthy people all the time. I am sick of being one of them, and I fear becoming a statistic. Amazingly I haven't developed diabetes yet, but I realise my risks. My life has not been a fairy tale. I've never had anything handed to me unless there were steel cables attached. I've had to work hard for everything I've accomplished. The struggles I've had have left me little time to monitor my health thus I've let it slip.

Now that I am working and have financial stability I am in a much better position to do what's right for my body. I can stop eating cheap crap food that lacks nutrients. I can devote more of my time to becoming healthy. I can succeed. When I was born I was 4 pounds, 7 ounces and I had weight gain typical of a girl until around age 6. I believe a series of deaths in my family was the cause of my emotional eating, and my parents' inability or unwillingness to keep me from eating. Unfortunately it wasn't temporary as I've now been an emotional eater for the majority of my life.

There have been ups and down, and times during which I tried losing weight but failed, but I just wasn't ready then to do what I must do now. I am now hovering around 340 pounds, and I've promised myself that not only will I not make it to 350, but that I will begin a steady and healthy decline that will end with me being somewhere between 160 and 180 pounds.

I won't fail because I cannot fail. There is too much I want to accomplish in my life, and I want to be healthy for it. I want to eventually get married and have kids. I want to be a healthy and happy wife, and a healthy, energetic, and respectable mother. I want to die peacefully and not from some obesity-related disease or complication. I want to live to be 100 or maybe even a bit older.

So, I guess that's it for now. I guess if you have any questions just ask me. I look forward to building a strong support team here. :) Thank you.

Replies

• north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

You certainly sound ready! Good for you! Add me as a friend if you like! You can totally do this and I will be here to cheer you on!
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Hi! Way to go trying to change your life! I'm a pediatric RN. Our crazy schedules do not make a lifestyle change easy but it is doable. Add me if you would like.
  • IndyNurse
    IndyNurse Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you, and I'll be adding you in just a moment. :)
  • GeekMomma42
    Options
    Welcome. You sound like you are totally up to this challenge and we're all here to help along the way. This site and the app are wonderful, easy to use, and very helpful. The people here are supportive, nonjudgmental, and inspiring. good luck on your journey! You can do this!! Add me if you are looking for another member of your support team.
  • tnkhart
    tnkhart Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. There is a wealth of info and support here. I've been here just a few weeks and love it here. Add me if you'd like
  • nita79072
    nita79072 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for Post...Im new and need to loose some weight...I think Im liking this! Just need motivation
  • Lisa9037
    Lisa9037 Posts: 5
    Options
    Good luck! I'm learning that being here helps a lot! Feel free to add me if you'd like!