Here's a question I would like to have an answer to..

Options
I am trying to drink 8 glasses or more of water each day. I am wondering if after the first 5 or 6 glasses if one could drink calorie free/fat free lemon ade or ice tea and still have that count as water. Does anyone have an anwer? Lolly

Replies

• lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am trying to drink 8 glasses or more of water each day. I am wondering if after the first 5 or 6 glasses if one could drink calorie free/fat free lemon ade or ice tea and still have that count as water. Does anyone have an anwer? Lolly
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • goldielocks_1975
    Options
    I used to do weight watchers and 3 glasses can be crystal light, decaf tea, diet/decaf soda. but only 3 glasses. Hope that helps.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks. You made my day!
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What about coffee? I know it's bad for you, but I gotta have if. Not that if matters, I'm pretty good with the water intake, just curious.
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    drinks with caffene count as half
  • stephaniek
    Options
    Actually, new research states that caffeine counts as full liquid as the amount of caffeine is not enough to encourage diuretic properties. Our kidneys are amazing at regulating our hydration status and though I am personally opposed to caffeine...go ahead drink up and count it.