EA Active 2, worth the buy, please share your view/results

kriots
kriots Posts: 375 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I was thinking of buying this. Should I, who has it? does it work? Currently i am doing the 30 day shred and I want to add more to my work out. Please share your results and views

Replies

• kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Alsodo i need to have the wii fit/board to play this?
  • rupicola
    rupicola Posts: 9
    I have this game, but must say I don't play this regularly - I have a gym membership. You don't need the balance board, but if you have one, you can do some variations to the exercises.
    I think it's better and more captivating than the original EA Active.
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    I bought Active 2 recently and love it. I think it's better than the previous one:smile:
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    I use it all the time and love it! I don't find the HRM to be accurate (for me). My Polar always has me burning more calories then the game says. I use 5 lbs weights instead of the band that came with it, and have created a couple custom 1 hour workouts that I use.

There are a couple things that I have an issue with. It NEVER and I mean NEVER registers my kick ups no matter what I do, and I also do not like the boxing stuff on version 2. Overall though I think it is defiantly worth the cash and great extra tool to help you workout. :)
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    I have only had this game since Monday night and have used it Monday and Tuesday this week and so far I love it (and my muscles hate it)! I do feel like I am getting a good workout from it
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    I have this game and i think its great. i dont necessarily use it as my exercise program however i do use it often when im bored at home since its better than just sitting around on the couch and it feels like ive worked out when im done.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    I use it all the time and love it! I don't find the HRM to be accurate (for me). My Polar always has me burning more calories then the game says. I use 5 lbs weights instead of the band that came with it, and have created a couple custom 1 hour workouts that I use.

There are a couple things that I have an issue with. It NEVER and I mean NEVER registers my kick ups no matter what I do, and I also do not like the boxing stuff on version 2. Overall though I think it is defiantly worth the cash and great extra tool to help you workout. :)

SO true on the kick-ups! I find i have to lean forward and almost shuffle my feet for them to register. I went ahead and did custom workouts to remove kickups.

I've had Active 2 since January and love it. Went through the 3 week, then 9 week program.

At this point, I have numerous custom workouts that last about anywhere from 15 min to 45 minutes, so I can focus on different things (cardio vs full body). Everything set to hard and i do work up a sweat if I go 30 or more minutes.

I have a Wii Fit board, but stopped using it with Active 2 because when the board goes to sleep, the workout gets interrupted. Annoying.

I also have avoided a lot of the "jump" type exercises. The turning jump squat types. They started bothering my knees, so either my form was poor or I just can't handle them. I do all the other squat/lunge work and do the "mountain biking/board" with jumps and have no issues now.
This discussion has been closed.