No More excuses - bucket list

For many years my daughter has been asking me to take her hang gliding or sky diving. Well I had always used the excuse that I was over the weight limit (usually 225-250#) and couldn't go.

So now, having lost 83# - she wasn't letting my fear of heights be the next excuse to keep us from taking the time to experience hang gliding together.

OMG - I did it!!! and, moreover, I enjoyed it!

Wow, my life has really changed.

Photos on my blog: Teresa's New Leaf.

Thank you all here for the community and support!!

Have a great day - it's never to late to make healthy choices!

Teresa Marie

Replies

• rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Well done, that's a great achievement :)
  • TeresaMarie2015
    TeresaMarie2015 Posts: 61 Member
    Highly recommend - breaking into new habits. or even one time experiences has really helped me get to know the new me.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Congrats!

This reminds me of when my boyfriend was constantly poking fun at my fear of heights. How "irrational it is" and so on. He would brag about not being afraid of heights and "would totally skydive".

It was all fun and games until i bought him skydiving tickets for his birthday gift and offered to take him there to do it. LOL
  • GelasiaT
    GelasiaT Posts: 74 Member
    I have always wanted to go skydiving and guess what, I am detrimentally afraid of heights. Maybe I will take your advice - no excuse - and just do it :s
  • RocSmith79
    RocSmith79 Posts: 139 Member
    Nice!!!
  • marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    What a great experience for you and your daughter!!!

• TeresaMarie2015
    TeresaMarie2015 Posts: 61 Member
    GelasiaT wrote: »
    I have always wanted to go skydiving and guess what, I am detrimentally afraid of heights. Maybe I will take your advice - no excuse - and just do it :s
    GelasiaT wrote: »

I don't even like going up or down stairs - that's how scared I am (fear of falling) and yet - it was OK.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!