Let's Talk About Non Scale Victories - shall we?

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Better restaurant booth experiences! I can place my napkin over my lap with both of my hands in front of me while sitting down at a restuarnt. No more putting it on with one hand on one side then grabbing it with the other from the other side. I have space between my stomach and the table! I feel like a lady again! ⛅

So cool. Good job
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I thought the elastic had broken on my sports bras because they were SO loose. It wasn't. I was able to remove 3-4 inches of material from the back portion and an inch from each strap to make them fit appropriately again! Also, was trying on some shorts from the back of the drawer (last years too tight ones) and while they are still too tight to wear in public, I was able to get them on and up! Overall inches lost (bust, waist, hips, thighs and calves) is 29.75 in 6 weeks! 13.7 lbs! Only 150+ to go.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    rats2010 wrote: »
    I thought the elastic had broken on my sports bras because they were SO loose. It wasn't. I was able to remove 3-4 inches of material from the back portion and an inch from each strap to make them fit appropriately again! Also, was trying on some shorts from the back of the drawer (last years too tight ones) and while they are still too tight to wear in public, I was able to get them on and up! Overall inches lost (bust, waist, hips, thighs and calves) is 29.75 in 6 weeks! 13.7 lbs! Only 150+ to go.

Yea, way to go! Isn't it great to see this
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is that my body is recovering faster from my workouts. New HIIT routine at the beginning of the week left me panting for about 7-8 minutes after I was done. Same routine today (3rd time this week) and it only took about 4 minutes to return to normal-ish breathing. My scale isn't moving very fast, but my body is loving this.
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    Hard day today. Anybody good a good NSV?
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    Tonight my husband took our daughter out for ice cream. He asked if he could bring me back one. I hemmed and hawed and finally said "no, thanks though." He told me I was doing a good job :)
  • FitHealthyBKY
    FitHealthyBKY Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    None just yet.. I'm just starting but reading these is super motivating! I'm hoping I will have a page worths of NSVs by the time I've lost 10 stone..
    Keep going everyone!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    rats2010 wrote: »

Well done- 3-4 inches is fab!! Please, if you can afford it, treat yourself to new bras. Sports bras are so much kinder on breast tissue and shoulders, when they fit nicely. Help you loose even more weight as a great bra can also help women look n feel great. For example, I convinced mum she needed a new bra and we found her something really comfie in her favorite turquoise colour. She didn't think she was worth it. At >70yrs old isnt it too bright and fun? All her friends notice when she wears it as her shape is so different (fabulous!) and now she feels worth it
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd feel elated to find baggy skin under my arms, but I noticed it yesterday and I am! Bingo wings FTW (only for now though, they've got to go at some point LOL!)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    What a cool thread :smile: loving all the NSVs. My most recent one was doing 3 chin ups in a row and on Monday I bench pressed 3 reps of 30kilos !
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I've noticed reduced puffiness. I can get my wedding ring off without soap and water. When I wear ankle socks it doesn't look like a tight elastic on a pillow :neutral: Sorry for the visual LOL
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I ran into a former co-worker at lunch today and she called me skinny! I've been losing very slowly so I don't get a lot of comments from those that see me every day.
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wearing a pair of khakis from 2006 today :)

Side Note - Old Navy khakis from 2006 are a heck of a lot better quality than you can find there today.
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've been working on strength training, trying to gain muscle and lose body fat %. In the process I have gained about 6 pounds. A few weeks ago I had a co-worker tell me I look thinner, and she asked if I had lost weight! I've also had 4 people ask me what I'm doing for a workout in the last few months. Guess it's working!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I just had to bring in two 5 gallon water bottles (84 lbs) in from my car to our second floor office. After climbing the stairs and huffing and puffing, I realized last year I was carrying more than that around all day, everyday. This time I got to put them down and walk away!
  • Koorii
    Koorii Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This past week I discovered that I can now fit into all the jeans I own, and I can once again fit into my favorite T-Shirt! That just means from here on out I will have to buy new clothes!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I completed a 5k cycle in 18.5 mins, when it usually takes >22, delighted with myself
  • LC_onelove
    LC_onelove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Had to buy a new belt today! My husband just put a hole in it for me 4 weeks ago. That is 2.5 inches gone in my waist!
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    When you have to keep pulling your pants up. Such an amazing feeling!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    The scale hasn't really moved in 5 and a half weeks. I'm working so hard, for no results at the moment. I cried today and even though I was sad and wanted to eat at least maintenance, I stuck to my deficit. I don't really know f that's an NSV but I'm proud of myself for holding down the fort.