Looking for Friends

Options
Hello MFP!

I am looking for some motivational friends to add.

I would love folks who are active and interested in encouraging one another. I am in the DFW area and have about 100 pounds to lose. I am motivated by health reasons, as I am very overweight and my mother was just diagnosed with diabetes. I know that through my health screenings at work I'm susceptible to the same issues and do not want to end up pre-diabetic. I am also wanting to have kids in a few years and know my current weight would make pregnancy hard on myself and my child.

I am 33 years old, about to turn 34, and have a full-time desk job. I am also a full-time night college student (nursing school) so the key to my success is going to be meal planning. I'd love some recipe sharing since I literally have to plan my day out to the last minute due to school and work. I am really trying to also eat at home as eating out and eating healthy options is SOOOO expensive.

My typical day is: Wake up at 5:30am, prepare for work and eat breakfast. Work from 7:30/8:00-4:00/4:30 and then I drive to school where I am in class from 5:30 to 10:00. As you can see, working out is hard for me, but I have also bought myself a fitbit to try and at least get in 8,000 steps a day to be somewhat active. I'm trying not to overwhelm myself with challenges when I am so busy, but since I am very overweight, I know I need to do something. Baby steps. :)

Anyhow, that is me. Hello MFP!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

As for meal planning, I freeze leftovers (especially Crock-Pot) in single servings. On the weekends, I like to make a big pot of soup.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm also 33, I'm currently enrolled in my last 5 classes to finish my BS. I too have the dreaded desk job :( Feel free to add me. You'll learn to love your Fitbit, mine really helps keep me in check and reminds me not to be lazy.
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if like.
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Add me too!
  • rachelann92114
    rachelann92114 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to add me, I sent you a request. I'm 33, work 50-60 hours, have 3 kids (1 who is autistic) and I have about 70 more pounds to lose. Also if you'd like to add me on Fitbit it's rachelann92114@tvscable.com