A lot of weight to lose (70+ lbs)

Options
My name is Stacey, age 25, currently living in Tennessee. I have tracked calories before. At this stage in my life, I feel like I'm starting from 0. Coming out of a relationship I'll be better off in the long term without, off of medications that were partially responsible for an over 50 lb weight gain, and starting to try to get my life on track in more ways than one.

I find myself feeling so bad that I exceeded the 200 mark (I hadn't sustained weight loss I wanted at 160, but I was at least only 20 lbs away then!)

Replies

• gottabethin22
    gottabethin22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll do this! ✌
  • KendAnne
    KendAnne Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Weight happens... at least you are doing something about it now! (That's what I'm telling myself) lol Yeah certain meds can make weight creep up on you... I stopped taking my BP meds 3 years ago and with changes to my eating habits it's in control. The weight hasn't left yet though.
    Calorie counting is new for me, and I'm hoping it will be just what I need to get some losses going. I WAS faithful to the gym until about 2 weeks ago, but I'm starting back tonight.
    Rooting for you, you're on the right track!!
    And if you have any calorie counting tips, please share!
  • LuckyLys
    LuckyLys Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a tip from today... if you know you'll be at a restaurant, google healthy options. I found a neat little website that had "Things a Nutritionist Would Order from McDonald's" as an article and I was able to meet up with a friend and eat cheap at less than 500 calories. I feel like this is a small but good step! :)
  • linbilly
    linbilly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet and weigh about 180 lbs.... I have about 60lbs to go.... I need all the encouragement I can get. I just got a divorce, moved and am at a new job at an office so I am mainly sitting instead of moving like im use to. Its just easier to go out to eat, sit at home, and watch a movie ...and or think of my life at this age, having to start over..... :(