hello

IM KINDA NEW TO THIS SITE im looking for friends to help me when I get down and just want to eat .....I open my acc. last year (2014) and I was doing good got down to 175 and then along came Thanksgiving and Christmas and I gain it all back 190 and ive got back on track and im losing weight again 182 so I am hoping to get some advise from others , thanks for listing

Replies

• katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    I hear you, I got derailed over the summer drinking my husband's home brew and generally making poor food choices. All that work, 30 lbs lost, down the drain because I gained 20 of it back even though I joined the gym, but as they say you can't out-exercise poor food choices. Add me, I'm making a commitment to not only re-lose the weight but to move towards strengthening after the weight is gone. Good luck, you can do it!!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Don't beat yourself up for gaining weight, these things happen from time to time (especially over the holidays!). Personally I'd be surprised if I DIDN'T gain weight over christmas (surely this is the time for indulging!! Hehe!) but ultimately, it's important to know when to say 'Ok I'm back on it now' and sticking to it. I've found that balance and you can too. There is so much support on offer here, so take advantage of it and don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help when you're struggling.
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Welcome Becca. You have done this before you can do it again. The holidays terrify me my goal is if I eat badly those two or three days not to let it snowball into weeks of poor eating. Here is to a healthier you.
  • becca3371
    becca3371 Posts: 5 Member
    :) I'm hoping it don't get out of hand this year
  • becca3371
    Don't beat yourself up for gaining weight, these things happen from time to time (especially over the holidays!). Personally I'd be surprised if I DIDN'T gain weight over christmas (surely this is the time for indulging!! Hehe!) but ultimately, it's important to know when to say 'Ok I'm back on it now' and sticking to it. I've found that balance and you can too. There is so much support on offer here, so take advantage of it and don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help when you're struggling.
    becca3371 wrote: »
    becca3371 wrote: »

• becca3371
    Thanks pinkpixiecox
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Hi Becca, I have over 100 lbs to lose too and although it's a daunting number, I've broken it down to 10 lbs every 5 weeks. I have my calendar reminder set for every 5 weeks. I lost 40 lbs last year doing this, small goals kept me motivated. BUT I hit a plateau and slowly it derailed me and since then I've gain it all back. I'm back on track and determined to get this weight off. Add me if you'd like. Good luck! You got this! :smiley: