New - Breastfeeding Mom

Options
Just wanted to say hi. I got this link from a breastfeeding website. I'm trying to lose some weight while breastfeeding. My daughter is 12 weeks old, so I don't want to lose too much too quickly to affect my milk supply, but would like to get rid of my gut.

Replies

• StorkVictim
    StorkVictim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 4 months and I am still breastfeeding too. I am trying to loose the gut as well!
  • amberkmoch
    amberkmoch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only one! My son is 4 1/2 months old, and I've lost most of my baby weight already from nursing, but would like to be in control again of what I'm eating and try to lose the chub from my belly! :)
  • kristawhite
    Options
    My son is 16 months old, and I finished breastfeeding just shy of 14 months. And....I'm still trying to lose the gut too :) I wasn't one of those women who lost a lot of weight by breastfeeding, instead I had an insane appetite. Now I'm trying to finally get everything under control again

Good Luck!!
  • forresst
    forresst Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi!

I didn't have any luck breastfeeding and losing weight. My son is 16 months old and I'm just now getting close to pre-pregnancy weight... but all of that was after I stopped BF'ing around 12 months. Finally my energy levels came back and I felt like I could actually commit to it.

good luck and welcome!
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are loads of us here :-) I think if you search breastfeeding or new mom type things you'll find us! Make sure you're getting enough calories and you should be fine-- my milk seems to be in better supply since I've started making sure my calories are healthy and not just sweets (for some reason I"ve been craving them like crazy since I started nursing) there are different ways to give yourself caloreis for bf'ing, I just put in that I wanted to only lose 1/2 a week, so that my calories were higher, but there is a way to log it as a food as well--- search foods and add it as a snack or whatever and it gives you calories. I"m a mommy to three and my baby is 8 weeks old- I go back to work next week :-(
  • hoopie58103
    hoopie58103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your posts. I just started jogging again...hoping it will help
  • LittleWub
    LittleWub Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good luck! I'm still breastfeeding my 13 month old. Not really tried to lose weight over the past year as I didn't put that much on when pregnant, but my sweet tooth has got carried away and I've gradually put about 20lbs on this year. Time to sort myself out!!
  • sciessence04
    sciessence04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a new mom of a beautiful 11 week old baby girl! I was 30lbs over weight when I got pregnant and I gained 50lbs with her and lost 40 within two weeks but now I am gaining again! I need support on losing 45-50lbs and I am exclusively breastfeeding!

• Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm a 26 year old first time mom trying to lose weight while breastfeeding. I'm 5 months pp and looking to lose the baby weight. Add me if you'd like!
  • Slrodriguez1128
    Options
    Hi - also a mom still trying to lose the last 15-20 lbs To get back to pre-baby weight. I have 3 kids (5,3,1) so essentially have been pregnant or bfing for the last 5 years. Would love to tap into some of the support here!
  • saunsireecrisantos
    Options
    I feel the pain as well I'm a mother who is breastfeeding as well this is baby number 3 and I'm trying to loose the belly as well. I had her via c-section so if any of you ladies can relate or have good advice please let me no! I had my two boys natural but due to complications I had to do emergency c-section. I'm 1month pp any advice helps thanks