30 day shred

Options
anyone working out with the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred? i just started it 4 days ago, and really hoping to get some fast results!

Replies

• martinabaer
    martinabaer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just bought it on Amazon . . . should be arriving on Tuesday! How do you like it so far?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I tried it once but she uses terrible form, plus the warm-up is sorely lacking and doesn't accomplish the things a good warm-up is suppose to. I've moved on to other workouts.
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi I'm on day 8,level 1. After the initial pain of the first few days, I find it's a quick and quite enjoyable routine. I do it twice a day, then once a day alternately because 20 mins, just doesn't seem long enough to me - looking forward to level 2 in a couple of days. I lost 3lb in the last 7 days (and it was TOM) so I thank mad Jillian for that!!
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    I've ordered it too, should be here tuesday/wednesday so we'll see.
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    me - i'm on day 9 week 1 today - i was supposed to do it yesterday but was out of the house all day, i had my first weigh in on sunday since starting and no lbs lost :( still going to persevere!
  • her1223
    her1223 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i like it! i'm on week 1 (day 5), and i'm consistently sore, but not too sore. I am wondering though if 20 minutes is enough? i havent seen what the videos are like for week 2,3,&4. My cable on demand is free for week 1 so i'm deciding if i want to buy the other weeks
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be on Day 8 (Level 1) tomorrow. My fiance has told me that he sees a marked improvement in my body shape--he says I have gotten thinner and more toned. The scale says I haven't lost (or gained) a single ounce, so I'm assuming that's a combination of muscle weighing more than fat and my "bad week" where I literally ate whatever I felt like and was about 300-500 calories over every day. I'm going back to the grind tomorrow and will make sure I stay under on my cals and see if that changes anything. I'm satisfied with it and recommend it, however.
  • her1223
    Options
    i havent weighed myself yet since i'm only on day 5 but i do feel some improvement. I'm also going to the gym each day to burn some extra calories along side with her video. I weigh 165 and am trying to get back to my normal weight of 135. I had my 2nd baby almost 6 months ago, and just started working out so i have 30lbs to go!
    we are going to the beach in 2 months and i'm hoping to lose 15-20lbs by then! i've cut my calorie intake down to 1200 and probly burn 300-600 calories a day, but somehow i just dont think i'm going to reach my goal. I've never had to workout before to lose weight. i've always been small, and lost all my baby weight after my first child naturally over an 18month period.
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2. I feel that I am getting results in losing inches, but I've put on a couple of pound for some reason (dont know whats going on there) Having said that it is a good programme and I feel that the 20 minutes a day that it takes to complete is going to eventually send me on my way to getting the results I want.
  • her1223
    Options
    if you dont mind me asking...what is your daily calorie intake? I'm wondering because i definitely dont want to gain any lbs with this program
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    if you dont mind me asking...what is your daily calorie intake? I'm wondering because i definitely dont want to gain any lbs with this program

I'm generally sticking to my 1200 calorie daily allowance....and i eat back MOST of the calories burned through exercise (maybe thats where I'm going wrong). Before starting the 30 day shred i had lost approx 6lb in three weeks but now have put about 3lb back on. Would like to think it was because i have built muscle since starting the shred, but i don think i would have made 3lb of muscle in 11 days.
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    well mine are set to 1290 but of course it depends on your lifestyle doesnt it? and i eat back some of my exercise calories (depending how many i've burnt)

I'm also doing my C25K training, i dont wanna push it too hard cos it can be counter-productive.