Before and after pics?

Options
is it good to take photos of your starting weight and mid-way weight and through out the different stages your weight loss journey? to document the visible changes or will it just make me discouraged to see how fat I look in pictures now?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I suggest taking the starting weight pictures. You might loathe them now but, down the line, you will likely appreciate being able to see just how far you've come. I only have two before pictures. They are both candid shots, not official before pictures. I wish I had one or two more or at least an official "I am standing here for my before shot" picture.
  • sscarmack
    sscarmack Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love before and after photos. They can be a good tool to see how far you've come, since we see ourselves every single day, we may not notice any changes. But when you look at a photo of yourself from a few years ago, or even a year ago, you can definitely notice the difference.
  • chickiechickie
    chickiechickie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be the weird one and say that I have enough before photos from my wedding and life in general. Standing in front of a mirror with my shirt hiked up or off entirely just stresses me out. Seeing the number on the scale and my clothes getting baggy is good enough for me.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. I normally don't just because I don't take pictures of myself. I did post one a while back though due to me trying on the skirt I wore with my wedding dress to see if it still fit well enough to wear. It didn't. XD If you're comfortable with it, I see nothing wrong with it, as long as you're not one of the 'take a picture every day' type of person. ><
  • chelseag2h
    chelseag2h Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This was me at my 40th birthday in 2012. kbgm9g6uizlv.jpg

I started dieting the same day I quit smoking, Feb 3, 2015. I'm amazed at how different I look.
  • chelseag2h
    chelseag2h Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    727vscxbrdam.jpg
    Here's me today.

• yokohama041965
    yokohama041965 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Looking great!!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    pr6g1sjvkroo.jpg
    3j46vf096yks.jpg

Ok, so this is me, just under one month, with just over five pounds down....I'm the long blonde...with my older and younger sister :) Can you tell the difference since last month? I feel stupid asking, but it's hard to tell from this side of the fence...LOL!
  • yokohama041965
    yokohama041965 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes you can!! Great job!!! Wow!!!!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Yes you can!! Great job!!! Wow!!!!

You just made my day!! YAY! Thankyou!! xo
  • lucylu7406
    lucylu7406 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Before/after
  • pauldm1
    pauldm1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    chelseag2h wrote: »
    727vscxbrdam.jpg
    Here's me today.

You look 10 years younger amazing.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Take tons of pictures! Monthly at the very least.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of workout shorts (not stretchy either) that I love but are too tight....I use them rather than pics, I try them on once a week :) as they get looser I know I doing the right thing!
    I find pics hard as lighting, tan and even the way I'm standing often change the real picture!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    chelseag2h wrote: »
    727vscxbrdam.jpg
    Here's me today.

STUNNING!!!!!! Absolutely stunning!!!
  • pebs1081
    pebs1081 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Before and after pictures have been what keep me from going crazy during this journey! Since the scale doesn't change often for me..I see it big time in pics though! I wish I took more before pics or kept pics that made me sick..I'd always delete them or threaten my friends if they showed anyone!