Doing it for me!

Options
neelamm14
neelamm14 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2015 in Motivation and Support
I'm sick of my weight gain being the only topic everywhere I go. Since a young age I have always been the "bigger one". I've always had a curvy body but in the recent years I've had to deal with a lot of things and I found comfort in mostly just eating food, which would often turn into a binge.

In the last two years I've been living out for university and found that my eating and sleeping pattern was completely irregular which also adding to the weight gain.

Recently people around me, close and not so close just seem to think it's okay to discuss my weight gain and constantly put me down instead of motivating me or saying anything helpful.

I recently decided to join the gym and change my eating habits. Sitting and crying at home about my problems was not the right way to channelise my emotions and anger. Although I started this journey to make a point to other people, I realised that keeping myself healthy and active is actually really fun and I look forward to going gym almost everyday. I'm doing it for me now and I can feel the difference mentally and physically!

Don't let anyone bring you down. Do it for yourself. Learn to love yourself ☺️

Replies

• pauldm1
    pauldm1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    University can be murder on a healthy body i feel you. I know many people who fell off track in college youre not alone there.

Ill warn you of something though, fat or thin thick or thin people (especially women) will find a way to be critical. Ive found that the same people who rip on you for being fat are also often the same people who will call you too thin once youve lost the weight. So do it for you and only you regardless of the external input you get.

Anywyas good luck and feel free to friend me.
  • neelamm14
    neelamm14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you on that..my mother who is the most critical will complain all day about my weight gain but then when I eat healthy small portions will feel sorry for me and persuade me to eat unhealthy lol!

But I just need to feel comfortable in my own body..I do feel generally much happier and healthier but need to make it a routine and stick to it.

Thank youuuu :)
  • pauldm1
    pauldm1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    neelamm14 wrote: »
    I completely agree with you on that..my mother who is the most critical will complain all day about my weight gain but then when I eat healthy small portions will feel sorry for me and persuade me to eat unhealthy lol!

But I just need to feel comfortable in my own body..I do feel generally much happier and healthier but need to make it a routine and stick to it.

Thank youuuu :)

Also ill throw in there that it can be easy to fall back into old habits when a small slip happens. Try to actively combat this. If you slip up one day and overeat after a week or whatever dony let that derail everything. Not an excuse to binge but many times the big picture is lost when people wallow in small mistakes. All the best.
  • AamirKumar
    AamirKumar Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    That's it. Thank h so mich
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I tried many diets and exercises but I was always doing it for someone else. Until I decide I wanted to do it for me nothing worked for long. Love yourself first and foremost. B)