Here I go-again

Options
I've always been the type of person to say "oh, I'm just a little over weight, it's not bad". Wellll, now I'm at my highest weight & ready to change. I find comfort & energy from food. When I'm bored-food. When I'm trying to find things to do with friends-food. When I'm watching TV-food. Now I'm approximately 50 pounds over weight. At this moment, I feel like I can do this! But I know that will soon change & I'll grab something to eat, delete the app & be back in my old habit. I hope not to, I'm hoping for motivation to change my lifestyle not just looking for a "diet" those never work for me. So here I go-again. Wish me luck.

Replies

• Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been MFPing for a little over a month. Started at 263, currently 247, with a goal of 200. MFP works, if I do :)
  • robinhanson812
    robinhanson812 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
    You've made great progress. Keep up the good work.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome :]

4 months ago, I was in exactly this situation. Every thing I planned in my life revolved around food. Every thing. I have an enormous appetite so food made me happy, I enjoyed it, looked forward to and it craved it. After stepping on the scales after a lot of denial and excuses, I had gained a lot of weight. And suddenly - all of that over indulgence just didn't seem worth it. I would eat food "just because" and it had led to me being, frankly - fat and unhappy. I had to make changes. MFP helped me change my bad relationship with food and understand that food is to fuel us and to enjoy in *moderation*. I've now lost 30lbs (and counting) and I feel fantastic.

I promise you, you can turn this situation around in a healthy and sensible, non deprived way. Stick with MFP - it will definitely help you stay on track and the support here is amazing. Wishing you the very best of luck. You can do this.
  • robinhanson812
    Options
    Thank u so very much
  • Acw08338
    Acw08338 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Same boat. I love food, but I need a better balance.
  • Svstewart14
    Svstewart14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat. I wish us both great success. Just gotta stick with it and make small life changes
  • robinhanson812
    Options
    It is soooo hard. When I walk in the kitchen to get my kids a snack, and I see all the goodies, mostly junk items-chips, cookies, chocolate-That's what I want. I never crave fruit or veggies. I'm trying to eat them as an alternative to "junk" but I have no craving for them. Encouragement & motivation is the key
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It is soooo hard. When I walk in the kitchen to get my kids a snack, and I see all the goodies, mostly junk items-chips, cookies, chocolate-That's what I want. I never crave fruit or veggies. I'm trying to eat them as an alternative to "junk" but I have no craving for them. Encouragement & motivation is the key

You're totally normal. Anyone who claims to prefer a celery stick to a chocolate cookie is telling fibs ;)

You can do this though. Promise.
  • robinhanson812
    Options
    Agree. Thanks u so much
  • starbean
    starbean Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome :]

4 months ago, I was in exactly this situation. Every thing I planned in my life revolved around food. Every thing. I have an enormous appetite so food made me happy, I enjoyed it, looked forward to and it craved it. After stepping on the scales after a lot of denial and excuses, I had gained a lot of weight. And suddenly - all of that over indulgence just didn't seem worth it. I would eat food "just because" and it had led to me being, frankly - fat and unhappy. I had to make changes. MFP helped me change my bad relationship with food and understand that food is to fuel us and to enjoy in *moderation*. I've now lost 30lbs (and counting) and I feel fantastic.

I promise you, you can turn this situation around in a healthy and sensible, non deprived way. Stick with MFP - it will definitely help you stay on track and the support here is amazing. Wishing you the very best of luck. You can do this.

Same here! In my family, EVERYTHING revolves around food. I'm starting to separate myself from it all.