Ready,Set, Reboot!

Options
I recently turned 40 and decided I needed a lifestyle reboot starting with my health and wellness. I started looking through old pictures of my self and had to come to terms with the fact that over the course of 18 years I had gained 150 pounds. Mind you I have 3 beautiful children that contributed to my coca cola bottle body turning in to a 3 liter....but I cannot place the blame on mommy body for the extra weight that has lingered 4 years after the last baby.

It was me, my eating habits, sleeping habits and poor ability to cope with stress that landed me over 300 lbs. I always tell people if the plane is going down put your O2 mask on first so you can help others. Apparently I do not hear myself when I speak because I have been doing the exact opposite, help everyone first and then rescue myself last. I can hear Dr.Phil saying, "How's that working for you" lol

So I decided to take a look at my habits and see what I could work on...that is how I ended up at my fitness pal... I am looking forward to this journey!

Replies

• Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good for you for taking that first step.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting to focus on your self as well as every one else. You're obviously a wonderful, caring and compassionate person but know that it's okay to look after *you* aswell. You deserve it. You have 3 beautiful children - you did that. YOU. So don't for one minute think you can't achieve miraculous things - you've proved it 3 times over and you will prove it again with your weight loss goals. Don't be afraid to reach out for help on MFP if you ever feel like you're struggling - the community here is so supportive and understand. We are all in this together after all. Keep your head high, stay strong, positive and determined and I promise you'll do this. Remember, you're a beautiful woman regardless :)
  • Batesey35
    Batesey35 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, the MFP community will have buckets of tips for you. My tip for this week is sugar - ditch it! I'm on week two of sugar free and I feel fabulous! The first week was hell I can tell you, headaches, exhaustion, cravings and zero focus! I lost 6lb in that week though and I fully intend to keep it up now I'm over the cold turkey phase.

Good luck to you!
  • Tigerlily2u
    Tigerlily2u Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement I am giving this a strong effort! So far so good...just working on consistent water intake!
  • MarcsJohnson
    MarcsJohnson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate. The weight just came rolling on for me after I turned 39. I've lost 10 and I've got 55 more lbs to go. Feel free to add me.
  • RocSmith79
    RocSmith79 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I wish you much luck with your journey.