New to MFP and I really need some friends for encourgagement

Options
Hi my name is Diane and I am 44 yrs old and need to lose 50 lbs and really need some friends for the extra accountability and encouragement. My first day will be tomorrow!

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a great site. I have been on here a while but have alot to work on so feel free to add me. Hope you have a wonderful 1st week.
    Keri
  • nita79072
    nita79072 Posts: 10
    Options
    Im new too...Same thing here...Hope we can help each other too...Good luck to you...
  • mandi04m
    mandi04m Posts: 1
    Options
    Me too! Would love to walk through with ya!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I sent the friend request :D
  • Silver925
    Silver925 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane! Welcome! I too am starting a new goal on Monday, June 6, so let's encourage each other along the way. Good luck to you!!
  • rosieef
    rosieef Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane, welcome to MFP! The site is really friendly, and I am sure you'll find lots of people to help you reach your goals. I've only been on here a week and everyone has been so supportive. Feel free to add me.
  • JenKoz4
    JenKoz4 Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me! I think we can all use as much encouragement as we can get :D
  • MichiBoop
    MichiBoop Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Diane,

I have just joined today too and have a huge goal in front of me but am feeling like I am making positive changes.

Good Luck and feel free to add me I agree with JenKo we all need encouragement.
  • dipteshr
    dipteshr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love when people join - you get to be a part of something special with them!

Feel free to add me - the first 6 months are the most fun!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (everyone). I'm on MFP at least a few times daily. I think I'm pretty encouraging!
  • keitiix
    keitiix Posts: 3
    Options
    welcome diane! you've come to the right place, i can honestly say the mfp community is one of the friendlist i've found online. i've added you as a friend :) good luck!!
  • nanfisch
    nanfisch Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm taking the plunge today too. I'm really nervous but I need to do something. Having supporting friends should help, right???
  • loopylis
    loopylis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP :) I am aiming for a 50lb loss too
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Best of luck.
    I started with about 80lbs to lose. Here are a few things that helped me a lot.
    1) setting smaller goals - 10lbs each - then each time you hit one, its amazing! Its much better mentally, as otherwise you're going for a goal that seems unreachable
    2) having lots of friends on here for encouragement. Dont know a single one of them personally, but they are all fantastic, and give and receive lots of encouragement.

Feel free to friend me one and all :)