close to allowance please help!

Options
hi all. iv had over half my calories for breakfast :( not sure how it happened but now im looking for idears of low calorie meals I can have later today. im not much of a chef and iv also got a 12 night shift later today so im probably going to go over my daily calories but just trying to limit the damage a bit! any easy to make food considered :) my calories left are 545 and ill do about 1 hr walking so a couple of hundred exercise calories if needed. thanks all x

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If I were you, I'd just consider today a learning experience. Not every day will be perfect. Be mindful for the rest of the day but don't let yourself get too hungry.

In the future, you might consider pre-logging. Some people do it for the whole day but I just do it meal-by-meal.

Enter everything before you eat it so that you can see the nutritional info. At that point, you can decide if you really want to eat it. If you log after you've eaten, it's too late to make changes.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I won't help with low calorie meals for you, because I'd only be looking things up and you should be doing that for yourself. Look at packets or menus, or just eat less of what you'd normally eat.

In the longer term though, it's a bit concerning that you're not sure how breakfast happened. You made a choice, learn to make better choices. Some people prefer to plan and log their meals ahead, and that might be an approach that's useful to you.

• timeforwork
    timeforwork Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    the sad thing is I knew the calories in it but id forgotten id changed my activity levels from active to slightly active ( or what ever that phrase is they use) due to tempory different job which gives me 500 less calories a day :) im not sure if I can pre log, food always seems to be a last minuite rush. maybe ill have to sort out the diary meal plans a bit to compensate for lower calories, thanks seska.
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Soups are filling, easy to make, and can be very low calorie. A couple of portions of your favourite veggies and a stock cube are all you really need. I like to add a little meat or creme fraiche for extra flavour. Boil it, blend it, eat.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    the sad thing is I knew the calories in it but id forgotten id changed my activity levels from active to slightly active ( or what ever that phrase is they use) due to tempory different job which gives me 500 less calories a day :) im not sure if I can pre log, food always seems to be a last minuite rush. maybe ill have to sort out the diary meal plans a bit to compensate for lower calories, thanks seska.

It gets easier as you go! Don't worry. As you become more caloric-aware, you (and MFP) remember the calorie amounts your usual meals contain, so you can plan ahead in your head, and also log more quickly. :)
  • fionnnnaaaa
    fionnnnaaaa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I struggle most days to fit in 3 meals using 1200 calories, I like a good breakfast ie porridge or toast, sandwich for lunch and a family meal in the evening. As for exercise have only been out for walk once this week - by the time kids homework is done it almost dark! I'm with you #timeforwork
  • timeforwork
    Options
    thanks guys , may not be able to prevent going over calories today but at least I feel a little better about it! cant wait to get my normal shifts back and get more calories to eat!
  • timeforwork
    Options
    figured out a way to do it! had 1 slice of toast and an egg for lunch then rushed out the door to the stables so I had no access to food! leaves me a decent amount for a meal now x
  • lisajanemarsland
    Options
    The important thing to remember is that ok, you've done it, but at least you haven't sabotaged the whole day and it's easy to get back on track. Keep it up! I've been using it for only 5 days so far and it's really helping me
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

so you did it. now you hopefully won't do it again (too often).