Let's Talk About Non Scale Victories - shall we?

Options

Replies

• mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    The scale hasn't really moved in 5 and a half weeks. I'm working so hard, for no results at the moment. I cried today and even though I was sad and wanted to eat at least maintenance, I stuck to my deficit. I don't really know f that's an NSV but I'm proud of myself for holding down the fort.

I'm at the same place - about 4.5 weeks and no change really. I decided to put my scale in the closet until next week and just feel good that I feel good. So sticking to your deficit when you're down is a huge NSV! What would you have done a year ago? I know what I would have done... hellooooo oreos.
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    I finally can run a whole 10k!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    mrsdrshot wrote: »
    The scale hasn't really moved in 5 and a half weeks. I'm working so hard, for no results at the moment. I cried today and even though I was sad and wanted to eat at least maintenance, I stuck to my deficit. I don't really know f that's an NSV but I'm proud of myself for holding down the fort.

I'm at the same place - about 4.5 weeks and no change really. I decided to put my scale in the closet until next week and just feel good that I feel good. So sticking to your deficit when you're down is a huge NSV! What would you have done a year ago? I know what I would have done... hellooooo oreos.

lol. I don't know what I would have done a year ago, I didn't have such a hard time losing then!
  • Juniper1221
    Juniper1221 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Quit alcohol completely for the last 4 1/2 mos. and stomach is flatter. Haven't smoked the last 4 days. Now want to get to a healthy weight.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Tuesday I hit a 255lb squat. 10 more pounds til I hit the elite strength standard for my weight.

A month ago I finally flipped the (550#) tractor tire on the patio at the gym. Last year I couldn't get it off the ground.

My trainer asked me to participate in a bench press contest at the gym because he thinks I could win. Women have to bench 50% of body weight AMRAP....
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

That is most definitely a NSV! Major props to you!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,158 Member
    Options
    Working in temporary space at work, but I haven't resorted to binge eating to cope with my stress. I teach, so it is not just my stress, but trying to navigate this atypical situation with teens. Got my exercise routine "habit" well underway, before school started, so it would feel normal to workout.
  • Koorii
    Koorii Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Down a notch on my belt today. Progress.
  • Acw08338
    Acw08338 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello all my MyFitnessPal friends. I made a group, Get Fit, Get Happy! Everyone come join we can help each other.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Acw08338 wrote: »
    Hello all my MyFitnessPal friends. I made a group, Get Fit, Get Happy! Everyone come join we can help each other.

Thanks, I'll be joining :smiley:
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    These are all great ones! I've got another, I can finally do the monkey bars. So much easier with less weight to swing.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wearing my 15 year old daughters clothes now since all of mine are too big. The scales haven't moved much in the past couple of weeks but I can feel the inches melting. Time to take my measurements this weekend. Who needs a scale?! Yahooo!!
  • ocnldy
    ocnldy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Can run 5+ miles
    Was forced to buy new clothes because nothing fit.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Acw08338 wrote: »

i can't find it on the group list. is it open now?
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Last night was my daughter's Back to School night. Parents visit each class for 7 minutes to meet the teachers and hear about the class and then have 4 minutes to get to the next class. Her classes are really spread out so we were running up and down stairs and from one end of the school to the other and I was able to keep up with her without huffing and puffing.

Tonight, my mom said she notice that I seem more "up" and energetic than I used to.
  • WickedZombieQueen
    Options
    Jogged down and back up three flights of stairs at work this morning. When I hit the top... Total wow moment! It sunk in that I just jogged those stairs that I have been taking every day for three years huffing and puffing even though there is a dang elevator.
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Noticed today that the hinge on the leg curl/calf raise portion of my weight bench is no longer in danger of pinching my inner thigh (did this several times when I started out). Made it through 50 squats today, first 30 with 15lb weight. :) Getting there slowly but surely.... and my bad day Friday, I was still less than maintenance when I logged it all in.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm now up to 20lb free weights for almost all my upper body exercises.
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Someone I use to work with noticed my clothes were a little looser! Yay!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I have visible abs even though I haven't lost weight in almost a year. My husband bought me a bikini on our most recent vacation and he took photographs (but I won't let him post -- I'm a teacher and I can't have my students seeing me like that!)