Night Sweats?

Options
I have never had a perspiration problem, but recently I have been sweating while asleep. I have a history with eating disorders, being underweight, etc. but have recently gained a bit. I was reading a little about the causes and found that an increased metabolism may be to blame? Have any of you guys experienced this? Thanks!

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Go to a doctor just to rule things out. Really.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    Go to a doctor just to rule things out. Really.

The internet isn't a doctor?
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Unless you are going thru menopause :wink: you should probably talk with your doc.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Lol or pregnant or nursing.

Edit to add, I'm not trying to diminish your experience, but for me it was definitely hormones that made me sweaty at all hours of the day and night.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

I wouldn't put too much faith in an article written by a person with no established medical credentials - at least I couldn't find any for her.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I got them while gaining weight (was underweight, ED too). All the research I ever did on it said that it meant my metabolism was starting to get back to normal after the weird stuff it was doing while I was severely restricting my calories for multiple years. But it is totally possible that isn't the reason why, I never asked my doctor about it or anything so I can't confirm my research.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm really not sure - it could be simply a hormonal thing. I know my body tends to do strange things at the best of times, regardless of weight loss. I'd definitely suggest seeing your doctor to get it checked :)
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Alchohol use? General nutrition?
  • starling01
    starling01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My daughter had terrible night sweats and it turned out to be non Hodgkins lymphoma. She was losing weight though, not gaining it, and you're gaining. When you hear hoofbeats, it's unlikely to be a zebra, but in this case it would be better to be sure. You absolutely need to go to a doctor.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, starling that is why I suggested a doctor. A real doctor. Not 'Dr. Internets,' heh