Starting C25K tomorrow ,anyone want to join me?

Options
I'm determined to get back on track after falling off the wagon and gaining about half a stone/7lbs in the process. I want to shift it and then some.

I also want to start running just because it's something i'll be able to do anywhere.

Tomorrow is Week 1 -Day 1

I plan to do it on Monday's , Thursday's and Saturday's. I would love to have some people join me for support and motivation :)

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Just want to say good luck!! It's a fantastic program. I did it last fall and ran my 2nd 8k yesterday! There's a bunch of us C25K'ers out here.
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    What is C25K, please??
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's the couch to 5k program - http://www.c25k.com/

it's supposed to get you running 5k/30 minutes straight in 9 weeks.
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's the couch to 5k program - http://www.c25k.com/

it's supposed to get you running 5k/30 minutes straight in 9 weeks.
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :) Know the feeling of falling off the wagon! :) We can do this together. Sending a friend request! :)
  • someday_soon
    Options
    Ah! I just posted earlier today I was starting C25K this week! Count me in. :)
  • celric
    celric Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in as well, was just about to make a post about starting this week.

5am Monday morning I'm off!

Will be doing it Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Hope to be ready for the local 5K 8/31/11.
  • meggyannpt
    meggyannpt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the 30 Day Shred right now, but I've been wanting to get into doing the C25K as well. I'll do my best, maybe having some others to report to will keep me motivated to do both!
  • Believe4
    Believe4 Posts: 22
    Options
    I will join. I used to run in high school. I am struggling with exercise motivation. I looked up www.C25k.com. It sounds like something I can do. Tomorrow will be week 1 day 1. I am thinking I will run M, W, F.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to do this for quite some time now! I'm going to try to join you guys. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred at the same time too so I hope I can keep up the momentum with both!

I'm going to do Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as well. :smile:
  • airyale15
    airyale15 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

I'm really wanting to add more Cardio into my workout so I might start this today :)

Also gonna go with Mon-Wed-Fri
  • someday_soon
    Options
    I'm going to be doing Tuesday, Friday, Sunday. I know it's random but I have other gym classes on the other days that I go to. :) Good luck all!!
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    Just thought I'd chime in and let you all know you can do it. I started 4 weeks ago and already have seen huge improvements it's great. If you want any advice just give me a holla.
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    Started last monday. On w2D1 today. Count me in, i could use the support. Feel free to add me as well.
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to start this too, printed out the schedule a couple days ago. Today is the day! I just got back from my first walk/jog. I survived, haha :) I have never been a runner and the past couple of months have been doing a lot of walking. After reading about other people's experiences with c25k I decided to give it a try. I could use lots of support too, so I will add you and if there's anyone else out there just starting feel free to friend request me, it would be nice to have a small group of us keep in touch!

:flowerforyou:
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Good luck today everyone who starts today!
  • celric
    celric Posts: 6
    Options
    W1D1 done. Was a great morning, looking forward to Wednesday!!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    How did day 1 go for all of you that were starting today? Went pretty well for me! I am exhausted now though because I did the 30 Day Shred and played tennis tonight too!
  • airyale15
    airyale15 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey I decided to change mine to the C210K challenge, did W1D1 and it was great!!
    Good to see everyone else getting off to a good start and keep it up!
  • pearlsgonewild
    pearlsgonewild Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started last week on wednesday and did day 3 of week 1 yesterday. I would love to make some friends who are just starting out in this program as well, for moral support and encouragement.