Binge eating and disgust

Options
food controls my thoughts 24/7. It controls every thought and aspect of my life. Cant seem to control it!! Same thought and cycle every day. I say to myself, just one more huge bin and that is it and i will start to do better tomorrow"! Unfortunately, the fresh start never seems to happen. Feel disgusted,ashamed and hopeless!!

Replies

• sscarmack
    sscarmack Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    All we can do is take it one day at a time.

I still have my "Treats" thrown in my diet, so there is no reason for me to 'binge'.

Eat better, have a treat. It'll last longer.

Here's a typical day for me.

Breakfast - Oatmeal or eggs or french toast.
    Lunch - Chicken or oatmeal (Depending if I didn't have it for breakfast)
    Dinner - Chicken or steak or lean beaf
    Snack - Oreos or protein shake that I mix peanut butter in.

Oreos are my favorite. As long as they fit in your macro, who cares. Just be careful of your portion sizes and you'll be okay.

We all struggle, keep your head held high and take it one day at a time. You got this :)
  • colty01
    colty01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank u!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Have you tried talking to a counselor or therapist? It sounds like you might have and eating disorder.
  • colty01
    Options
    Have you tried talking to a counselor or therapist? It sounds like you might have and eating disorder.

• smithie092015
    smithie092015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    sscarmack wrote: »

We all struggle, keep your head held high and take it one day at a time. You got this :)

THIS. So true.

Also, my best advice to controlling the binge: remember that just because you can't have something right now doesn't mean you can't have it ever. There's always another meal, another day. No need to eat all the peanut butter in the house now, I can have it on my toast in the morning. That Ben and Jerry's will still be there this weekend for a treat after my run. Sounds simple, but it helps! I binge when my brain is anticipating deprivation. Don't.
  • colty01
    Options
    Mentioned it to dr. Talked about it with husband but he gets very frusterated. He is a very clean eater and doesnt understand why i would choise food over happiness.
  • sscarmack
    sscarmack Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Another big factor. Don't stress over ONE day, one day won't make you fat or gain any weight. Its the grand scheme of things.

Say your goal is 1,500 calories a day and you only eat 1,400 for 5 days.

On that sixth day, you can eat 2,000 and you'll be fine.

Thats what works for me. Of course all our bodies are different, but I don't stress over one meal.

I look at my calories and macros for the WEEK, and as long I'm on on my mark, you bet your *kitten* I'm going to have some oreos and ice cream :)

• pinkslipblues
    pinkslipblues Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you logging these binges? I have found that by logging everything I eat even when I binge and then seeing how many calories I am consuming has helped me to stop. At least it helps me make better choices when I feel the need to eat. Make yourself accountable - log it.
  • colty01
    Options
    Husband saus u dont have an eating disorder just start eating healthier. Desperately wish it was so easy as that!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    colty01 wrote: »
    Mentioned it to dr. Talked about it with husband but he gets very frusterated. He is a very clean eater and doesnt understand why i would choise food over happiness.

What did your Dr. say? A GP might not be the best to offer advice, but perhaps they could make a referal. Do you know why you choose food over happiness? Figuring that out might be key to your success.
  • Koorii
    Koorii Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Some tips that have worked with me. And this is my personal experience and your circumstances may be different:

1) Reduce activities that you associate with eating. For me, when I binged Netflix, I binged food.
    2) If this has been a recent development that started since you started your lifestyle change, you may not be eating enough, which will lead to a binge.
    3) I've got two planned days a week where I eat over my normal limit, and foods that I can't live without. Binge eating is usually spontaneous, and simply knowing I'll be able to have those foods helps keep me in check.
    4) Add friends and log everything. We'll help keep you accountable. You have to be honest when logging. It helped me when I first started, because if I would feel ashamed for eating it, I wouldn't want other people to know, so I didn't eat it.

It isn't easy, I know that more than most, but you can beat it!