1 stone to go and feels impossible!!!!

Options
Hi all. Just rejoined MFP after a year at slimming world and loosing 2stone.
I have just 1 stone to reach my personal target and finding it impossible! Feels harder than when i first started! Hoping to get some tips/advice and motivation xx thanks xx

Replies

• sscarmack
    sscarmack Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you starting decreasing your calories while increasing your cardio already?

If that doesn't do it, it's time to start playing with your macros. Less carbs, less fats, more protein.

Need a lot more information to know for sure though.

Sounds like you have a rough idea of what to do those, 2 stones is impressive.
  • shellx88x
    shellx88x Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I lost 2 stone by just healthy eating alone. I rarely have time for exercise unless you count running after 3 kids and housework? Haha! I think i need to try cutting carbs, the only thing with that is i don't want to restrict myself so much that once i loose weight I'll put it back on once i introduce carbs again.
  • sscarmack
    sscarmack Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey, running around with the kids can be a handful! What i'd suggest is a Fitbit to track your steps. It's a wonderful tool to know exactly how many steps you're getting in a day, to see how many calories you are burning.

You don't want to eat more calories than you are burning = gaining weight

Don't cut anything out, just limit it.

Say you eat 250g of carbs a day, drop it to 200. Same with fats, say you eat 100, drop it to 75.

Never cut something out completely, bc like you said, once you start eating again, you'll be right back to where you are.

I would try and find some home exercises to do, that you can do in 20 minutes or loss. Just to get that heart rate up and help burn some extra calories.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I've got around 11 pounds to go until I can start maintenance :)

I'm not going to drastically change my diet or reduce my calories because I'm slowly trying to prepare myself for maintenance. I am losing at a slower rate of 0.5 per week so yes, it's going to take me a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time to get to that 'number' I've set myself. But non scale victories are also important so get out that tape measure! :D
  • shellx88x
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thats fab pinkpixi the small changes make a big difference.

I think I'll try lowering carbs and drinking more water as i rarely drink.
  • shellx88x
    Options
    Thanks for the advice sscarmack :) xx
  • shellx88x
    Options
    Food diary complete today. I cut out the carbs at dinner as you said. Drinking more water and feeling good :) hope everyone is doing good xxx