Impulsive eat

Options
I just woke up randomly and made 1.5 cups worth of a big Kodiak Cake pancake to fill my plate and it was 90 grams of carbs. I have been striving to eat less than 50 or so grams of carbs a day, so I am upset that I already ruined my goal of that for the day. I plan to still eat at my 1200 calorie deficit today, but I am sure my carbs with the veggies I will eat will increase even further to likely 110 or so by end of the day when I have been trying to eat like 50 grams... upset with myself. As long as I am still within calorie goals, is this that big of a deal?

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Not a big deal. Do right with everything else today. Go for a walk. Relax.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    No. Macros don't matter to weight loss at all.
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Nope don't worry about it. Unless you have insulin issues you can eat whatever amount of carbs you like, as long as you balance it with enough protein and fat. Calories I.n, calories out. Maybe don't restrict so much and you won't feel like overeating on it.
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    To answer your question: no, it's not a big deal. I don't really see a reason to restrain yourself from eating carbs anyway.

To help you with the impulsive eating (that could lead to over-eating) I suggest you pre-log everything the day before. Of course you might have to make some change (grams wise), but it usually helps people to stick the their calories.

Don't beat yourself up. :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    As long as you are sticking to your calorie deficit, you'll lose weight.
    Macro's play no part at all in the weight loss process. I am consistently over my carb 'allowance' because I don't track it. I stick to my calories.. I've lost 30lbs.

:)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I ate @ 190 g of carbs the entire time I was losing weight. Carbs aren't your enemy. Carbs don't cause people to gain weight , or prevent people from losing weight.
    For weight loss, all you need is to eat at a deficit
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'd be miserable without carbs! Brush it off, tomorrow is a new day! Plus, you'll still be losing regardless of your macros :)
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    110 grams of carbs vs the rest of your life. You figure it out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with carbs.
  • preeJAY
    preeJAY Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Carbs have no effect on weight-loss, whether found in vegetables or pancakes.

I don't track carbs at all, only protein (as in, trying to meet and go above whenever possible). All nutrients are good for you. No need to be upset; how can we make weight-loss/maintenance a long-term thing if we can't enjoy a pancake on occasion? :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,980 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    sarsather wrote: »
    I just woke up randomly and made 1.5 cups worth of a big Kodiak Cake pancake to fill my plate and it was 90 grams of carbs. I have been striving to eat less than 50 or so grams of carbs a day, so I am upset that I already ruined my goal of that for the day. I plan to still eat at my 1200 calorie deficit today, but I am sure my carbs with the veggies I will eat will increase even further to likely 110 or so by end of the day when I have been trying to eat like 50 grams... upset with myself. As long as I am still within calorie goals, is this that big of a deal?

The carbs in the pancake aren't a big deal. The issue is the mind games you are playing with yourself. You know you have a goal of 50 g of carbs per day and presumably when you started going LC you learned foods like pancakes would be high carb. But you ate it anyway and only then checked the carbs.

You did:

Want pancakes > eat pancakes

Instead of adding some thought to the decision tree:

Want pancakes > do these fit into my goals? > no, do not eat pancakes

Now, why is your goal 50 g of carbs? If you feel better on LC or have a medical reason for doing this, great. But if you think this is the only way you can lose weight, you may be making things unnecessarily hard on yourself and thus setting yourself up for mindless episodes like this morning.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is food. Take it easy on yourself. No reason to be upset.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Nope you are good. Hang in there.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Don't worry about the carbs. Low carb diets aren't any more effective than anything else in losing weight. Well, unless you've been medically diagnosed, in which case, go with what your doctor says.

Weight loss all boils down to eating less calories than you burn. As long as you are within your calorie goal, you're fine. If you find yourself getting hungrier than normal, you may have your goal set too aggressively. To lose weight and keep it off is a slow process, just something to keep in mind. Any 'diet' plan that promises to lose weight fast might work, but is more than likely not healthy or sustainable, and when you go off it, you'll gain the weight right back. Focus on retraining your brain and body to what a proper food portion is and you'll do better long term.

With that said, it's perfectly ok if you go over on occasion. We all have off days, days where we underestimate something, unexpected dinner/lunches out, etc. If you go over your calories, just log it and start fresh the next day. One day off isn't going sabotage you or make you a failure. Just makes you human because we all make mistakes.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    No biggie. Log it and watch your calories and try and stay within your range. Ive gone over a hundred calories from time to time and still losing. . I stay under my goal in carbs just counting calories.