Any filling low cal recipe ideas

Options
zippy483
zippy483 Posts: 16 Member
Hi all

My apologies if this topic has been covered I'm sure it has but I'm obvioulsy not searching for the right thing.

I'm looking for some filling lowish calorie meal ideas, my problem being that when I eat as I have been doing the portions look a little on the meagre side, now to fill up I usually pile the plate with vegetables, but sadly this doesn't seem to keep me feeling full for long.

So any ideas?

Many thanks

Zippy483 (Ian)

Replies

• HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    Interested in responses to this one. Bump.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Nimble bread = two tuna (tuna is hugely filling) sandwiches with salad & helman's Lighter than Light mayo comes in at around 350 cals....washed down with some chicken noodle soup at 50 cals it's a pretty substantial lunch for little cals.

For dinner I tend to use about 600 cals. Find meat & carbs for 400 cals & then fill half a massive plate with veg up to 200 cals - amazing how much you can have!! Bisto gravy is quite light on cals too so you can jazz up the veg if needed!!
  • krb731
    krb731 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • zippy483
    zippy483 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    I agree tuna is super filling. Sometimes I do a stir fry with a little soy sauce, kim chi (but you can use any vegetable), a can of tuna, and two egg whites. Its super low cal and incredibly filling.

For filling meals I like to make sure there is a good protein source, fiber, and a small amount of fat (unsaturated, if I can help it). This is a winning combonation for a filling meal.

For example:
    breakfast: 1/2 cup (dry) oatmeal, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1 tbs sliced almonds. Its carb heavy but morning is when you need them anyway. 240 cals, 41g carbs, 7g fat, 7g protein, 9g fiber. Add some eggs, or chicken or whatever for even more protein. This keeps me full through the morning and the cocoa curbs my chocolate craving!

Also, the nutrition section of bodybuilding.com has tons of amazing diet recipes. Some of the meals need to be scaled down, but they have the right idea in terms of nutrition breakdown. Im.not trying to bulk up but I need to have a certain (high) amount of protein to diet smart.
  • Kellieg83
    Kellieg83 Posts: 2
    Options
    Check out Spark Recipes - they've got tons of recipes that are pretty much all low in cals!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/browse-recipes.asp
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    If you wrap your sandwich fillings in lettuce instead of bread, you can have a lot more!