How long does it take for your body to get used to an excerc

Options
I have been doing zumba 3 days a week and c25k 3 days a week with 1260 calorie a day and i am wondering when i may need to change it up.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you are new to exercise it will take longer. It is normally suggested that you change up your routine every 4-6 weeks but if you are new you could probably go 11-12 weeks before your fist change, then8-10 weeks, for your second then change it up every 4-6 weeks thereafter.
  • dipteshr
    dipteshr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you are new to exercise it will take longer. It is normally suggested that you change up your routine every 4-6 weeks but if you are new you could probably go 11-12 weeks before your fist change, then8-10 weeks, for your second then change it up every 4-6 weeks thereafter.

how exactly would you do this?

eg if i do running/cross trainer/cycling atm how could i change?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

muscle confusion is a myth.

You don't NEED to change up those sorts of exercise as it is all cardio. There can be benefits in changing resistance training programs when someone is close to their genetic potential (ie. stalled weights after a few deloads)
  • erickirb
    Options

how exactly would you do this?

eg if i do running/cross trainer/cycling atm how could i change?

You can change up distance, intensity, add intervals, etc within each discipline.
  • QUETA2212
    QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So I guess for cardio I would do longer intervals to change it up? And with strength I would do more reps gradually?
  • erickirb
    Options
    So I guess for cardio I would do longer intervals to change it up? And with strength I would do more reps gradually?

Yes for the Cardio, Yes and No for the strength training. You should change up the actual exercises you do for strength training every few months, not just add weight, or change reps. If you normally do Dumbbell bench press change it too barbell incline presses instead.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options

yes...Correct! and c25k already changes up every week so no need to change thattt and either way its only cardio...when it starts getting easeir ur heart wont race as fast so maybe you wont burn as many calories? ooorr it will start getting easier and you will actually start doing it all the correct way and not half way...kinda like maybe running a lil faster with c25k..or actually doing all the jumps in zumba and alll the moves..believe me i tried working out hard with zumba last time we did it..and the different was amazing..i was sweating tired and ached! ill be doing it that way from now on
  • QUETA2212
    QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yeah its hard to keep up with zumba dance moves, so when you learn the moves it more effective lol okay so let me know what you guys think of this, I plan to join a gym after I reach my 129lbs goal and start working on getting abs instead of losing weight iI am going to get fit and toned Can you guys give me some examples of they typesof excercises i will do for that