Too unrealistic?

Options
2»

Replies

• Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to figuring out your macros that I found helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo3b_5vcS64
    Youtube has a lot of great advice but you do have to make your own assessment when deciding which way to go.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Dare I be cheeky and ask for some maths help too? My stats are age 56 (in a month), weight 219lbs, height 5ft .4"

MFP set me at a 1.5lb a week loss for 1200 calories a day , but I ve been dieting since August 1st and have lost 15lb so far, but to be honest id rather just lose a 1lb a week and have a few more calories daily, any ideas how many calories ladies & gents, thank you in advance.

Have you tried changing your setting on MFP to 1 lb a week?
  • hazeleyez26
    hazeleyez26 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks Superdave24!
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you Superdave....Need2 exercise......I hadnt thought of doing that, I thought entering stats was a one off event, didnt realise it could be tweaked.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Redbeard333, I've been trying it for almost a month now but struggling.. Looks like I will have to up my calories.

It's crazily counter-intuitive, but my dr and I were talking about this just last week. Your body needs fuel to burn, and if you starve it, you won't have the energy to get up and go. Good luckQ

• hazeleyez26
    Options
    Very true! Thank you!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    That calculator linked above? It said I should be eating 867 calories! Uh, no way.
  • MGarcia0504
    MGarcia0504 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are you eating healthy? It's really easy to go over that amount of calories if you slip and eat junk food at all. If you're eating healthy and still feeling hungry then I would try to lose less a week.
  • hazeleyez26
    Options
    About half the day I eat healthy and the other half not as healthy but I watch portion sizes. I need to try to get eating healthy all day.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    About half the day I eat healthy and the other half not as healthy but I watch portion sizes. I need to try to get eating healthy all day.

You can if you want, but you don't need to give up food you love to lose weight. You can still have nutritional goals like more protein, fiber, fruits, vegetables, etc without removing foods you actually like from your diet. Removal of items tends to lead to later caving in and eating those same items in large quantities for many people. YMMV
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    That calculator linked above? It said I should be eating 867 calories! Uh, no way.

Are you below 5' tall and weighing about 120 pounds?
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Google "TDEE calculator " and use one of those.
    Scooby's or the fat2fit ones I see from people alll the time! People more successful at weight loss than i have been c:
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If you've got 55 pounds to lose you can easily increase your daily calories. Don't worry that you are eating back your exercise calories. You shouldn't be exercising to lose weight anyway. Exericse if is for health. Diet is for weightloss. Start exervise when you have lost most of your weight or when you feel like it. Get your diet in order. If you want to keep the weight off for the rest of yoru life, you are going to have to figure out how to eat a healthy diet that you enjoy and not put on weight.