Treats!! Mmmmm

Options
Justshapes
Justshapes Posts: 13 Member
what do you eat for treats?

I eat low calorie jello with low calorie whip cream but getting bored.

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Let's see, today I have had an oatmeal raisin cookie, a chocolate chip cookie, a mini snickers, Crunch n Munch, and 2 glasses of wine.
  • brookeproulx927
    Options
    Organic yogurt or pickles
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    chocolate mousse i hear weight watches has one
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    -protein fluff aka soft serve like fruit ice cream. it makes for a great cold sweet treat when you add 2-3 drops of ezsweet in it.
    -chocolate/cacao based energy squares (peanut chocolate chip & cacao coji ones) are my fav for snack.
    -sliced ambrosia apple and jif PB whipped when i have the fat to spare.
    -real green bean veggie chips
    -hot air popped purple kernel popcorn with its not butter no calorie sprayed and a tad bit of salt, on days calories left are limited to under a hundred.

other than some occasional fruit smoothies topped with whipped cream, the aboves are pretty much all i usually eat for snack/treat these days.

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Just saw these "apple cookies" on pinterest that I am going to try next week. Core and slice an apple into chips, top with some peanut butter, nuts and chocolate chips. Possibilities are really endless, nutella, cookie butter, raisins, etc.

Also saw the banana sandwich idea of slicing up a banana, putting some peanut butter between slices, put in freezer and then dip into melted chocolate.

You can never go wrong with air popped popcorn. The ideas to flavor it are endless.

Roasted chickpeas. Again you can play with many flavors.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add my two favorites!!

Sugar free vanilla pudding cup, mash up some banana and mix in, then top with granola. My personal fave is Bear Naked Maple Pecan.

Fiber One 90 calorie brownie, warmed in microwave for about 15 seconds, top with 1/2 cup Edy's slow churned ice cream and cool whip free. (So many flavor combos. I love the Cinnamon coffee cake brownie with the butter pecan ice cream.)

Clearly my snack calories are saved for sweets!
  • casw0005
    casw0005 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the Kind dark chocolate and sea salt bars. I also try to each some seasonal fruit (lately it's plums and peaches) and either some nuts or 1 oz. of good cheese.
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Raw chocolate truffles!
    80% chocolate, organic peanut butter, low fat Greek yogurt and honey.
    Melt the chocolate, add the peanut butter and the Greek yogurt, leave in fridge for 15 mins or until hardened.
    Mould into balls, pop in fridge until hard.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of leftover apples from picking them this weekend.

You can wash, and slice, and bake them, with the skin on - but without adding any sugar or anything. I just added cinnamon.

They taste like apple pie! I guess the taste of apple pie isn't just from the added sugar and butter - something magical happens to plain apples when you bake them. They become sweeter.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm loving some apple butter made in my crockpot. I mix it in my greek yogurt, put it on saltines, dip apples into (yes, that is really overkill), dip pretzel sticks in it. So good.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/slow-cooked-apple-butter.html
  • meadowlark42
    meadowlark42 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Red wine, dark chocolate, popcorn, candied ginger... :) stuff with a lot of flavor so that a little bit is satisfying