Hello Sweetie

Options
DoctahJenn
DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
giphy.gif

Allow me to introduce myself... again. I'm DoctahJenn, and I'm a Whovian. Well, a geek in general, really, but with a strong emphasis on Doctor Who.

drwhohello_gif.gif

I'm not new - not by a long shot!

tumblr_mx07yh6dZU1qzkdnwo1_500.gif

But I'm always on the lookout for new friends as those I have lose interest in me, or me in them, or them in this site. Or you know... whatever.

tumblr_mjgkslq4LH1qefo74o1_500.gif

Because you shouldn't make this trip alone.

tumblr_inline_mo1093fAko1qz4rgp.gif

Not that I don't have some awesome friends!

gally-1.gif

I just always love more.

jpfmuv.gif

I've more or less hit my goals, so while from time to time I try to lose a pound or two...

tumblr_inline_nfkuwbyCHu1qegzff.gif

For the most part I'm working to maintain. Which means I'm definitely not eating clean.

tumblr_mkytd7vReB1qhd0xso1_500.gif

But I can still support you in your goals!

master-piece.gif

And don't worry - I'm here for the long run. Even if neither of us make any real progress, as long as we keep trying, I'm happy.

c1a2872f37db4ebda89c6f2bb27834df.jpg

So toss me a FR! But don't put it off...

tumblr_mid2laQj3T1r8rx5xo1_250.gif

Replies

• AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) Are you getting excited for the new season? EEK!
  • DoctahJenn
    Options
    I love Capaldi and I'm excited to see more of his character in better development, but gosh dang I wish Jenna had left last season. I really dislike they way they work together and I feel like it's a Tennant situation - Capaldi can't shine until he gets a companion suited to HIM, the way Rose had to leave before Tennant shone.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I still haven't warmed up to Capadli yet. I think I always go through a period of grief before I become attached to a new doctor, and I haven't gotten to the point yet where I feel attached. It took me some time to get attached to Matt as well. I like Jenna, but I think you are right. It's time for a new companion so they can develop together. It will be interesting to see how the show develops.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm the opposite. I LOVED Capaldi the first episode, but he's slowing loosing it for me. Then again, I haven't finished the season yet, so I'm hoping he'll surprise me!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @DoctahJenn : this is probably the best post I've seen in a while!!

As I say to anyone who listens, Smith played the Doctor, but Capaldi is the Doctor! And, I'll be honest, I'm a little sad to see Clara go. Amy started to get on my nerves after her first season. Martha has been my favorite (plus she's easy on the eyes...), and Donna my least favorite.... though, she's pretty funny in "Partner in Crime"...
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    DoctahJenn wrote: »
    I love Capaldi and I'm excited to see more of his character in better development, but gosh dang I wish Jenna had left last season. I really dislike they way they work together and I feel like it's a Tennant situation - Capaldi can't shine until he gets a companion suited to HIM, the way Rose had to leave before Tennant shone.

Blasphemy.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    oooh feel the Dr. Who love!!! feel free to add me!!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Blasphemy.

Hear hear! Tennant never shone! The whole 2 emotions he had his entire run were identical to the two he had in that other film I saw him in. Guessing that is the extent of his acting abilities.

Smith was okay.
    Eccleston was the best actor of the bunch.
    Capaldi could probably do something with the role, but thus far the writers have assured that I hate him and I am never on top of seeing the next episode... I get to them when I get to them now days. Nothing much to look forward to.
  • jkybm1
    jkybm1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • DoctahJenn
    Options
    Eccleston made a fantastic Doctor, and is my favorite ever. But I have to disagree about Tennant - I think he's a great actor. People generally go for - or get cast in - roles similar to things they've done before. I complain about it all the time, how you watch movies with certain actors and you're so distracted because it feels like you're seeing the person instead of the character. But Tennant has proven he can do all sorts and seems to go out of his way to do different things. Broadchurch was completely different from any of his other work. His (albeit small) roll in the Harry Potter film was good and also quite different from his Doctor character. And the clips from Much Ado were fantastic and different. *shrug* I like him in nearly anything.

But Capaldi. I admire how he doesn't care if he's cool, or popular. He's weird as the Doctor, and he's PROUD of that. And I love it! He might become my new favorite Doctor ever once we see the end of Clara.
  • DoctahJenn
    Options

Blasphemy.

XD Which part?! I'm just full of Doctor Who blasphemy, though. I think it comes from watching the NuWho all over the span of about three months - I saw it all together as one long stream and came to some rather unpopular opinions.
  • Angelfire365
    Options

As I say to anyone who listens, Smith played the Doctor, but Capaldi is the Doctor! And, I'll be honest, I'm a little sad to see Clara go. Amy started to get on my nerves after her first season. Martha has been my favorite (plus she's easy on the eyes...), and Donna my least favorite.... though, she's pretty funny in "Partner in Crime"...

Wow. We're polar opposites when it comes to companions. Donna Noble was my absolute fave!! And I didn't much like Martha. . . . Amy was in the middle for me.
  • knowles1989
    knowles1989 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am a fellow Dr Who fan, only in recent years though, I haven't seen many of the oldies. My girlfriend on the other hand, is a total Whovian! Looking forward to Saturday night :smiley: I do like Capaldi but I think Matt Smith will always be my favourite doctor :smiley: feel free to add me
  • Saeraphine
    Saeraphine Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I had to click this thread. Seriously couldn't resist. It was like a sneaky call to my soul.
  • DoctahJenn
    Options

Wow. We're polar opposites when it comes to companions. Donna Noble was my absolute fave!! And I didn't much like Martha. . . . Amy was in the middle for me.

Loved Donna, but mostly because SOMEONE needed to sass Tennant around a bit after the whole Martha thing. And while I think Martha was a great character, I feel like she got the short end of the stick when it came to plots. They never used her properly, and I think her final episode sort of pointed that out. She could have been amazing, but Tennant was too busy sulking. He wasn't capable of changing, so they had to write her out. Thus having Donna show up and smack him out of it was just about perfect. She forced him to grow, and change, and GROW UP. Just a bit. And then of course there was Wilf at the end. Wilf is the companion I wish had stayed for a while. They had a great dynamic.

As for Amy... I didn't like her at first, but she grew on me. My only complaint there was how the show changed to focus on her and not on the Doctor.
  • Angelfire365
    Options

Loved Donna, but mostly because SOMEONE needed to sass Tennant around a bit after the whole Martha thing. And while I think Martha was a great character, I feel like she got the short end of the stick when it came to plots. They never used her properly, and I think her final episode sort of pointed that out. She could have been amazing, but Tennant was too busy sulking. He wasn't capable of changing, so they had to write her out. Thus having Donna show up and smack him out of it was just about perfect. She forced him to grow, and change, and GROW UP. Just a bit. And then of course there was Wilf at the end. Wilf is the companion I wish had stayed for a while. They had a great dynamic.

As for Amy... I didn't like her at first, but she grew on me. My only complaint there was how the show changed to focus on her and not on the Doctor.

EXACTLY why I loved Donna!! Sass and smack talk!! An amazing relationship without the remote possibility of romance!!

And Wilf as a long term companion would have been amazing.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

I think I agree with just about all of this. I also liked the character development for Donna, but I was very sad when she lost it all in the end. She was becoming pretty brilliant for a while, and sometimes very perceptive, and was exactly what the Doctor needed then.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Blasphemy.

XD Which part?! I'm just full of Doctor Who blasphemy, though. I think it comes from watching the NuWho all over the span of about three months - I saw it all together as one long stream and came to some rather unpopular opinions.

I started with 9, and fell in love. I accepted then loved 10. Jury's out on 11, and I like 12 better than 11 in the one episode I've been able to see so far. I'm 100% behind the Rose/Dr. love plot. I started on it, and I adore it. And I loved Rose so hard. It's been hard to even like the other companions who came after, esp the lovesick females b/c I'm still guarding the Dr. for Rose, in my head, like a goober.
  • DoctahJenn
    Options

Blasphemy.

I started with 9, and fell in love. I accepted then loved 10. Jury's out on 11, and I like 12 better than 11 in the one episode I've been able to see so far. I'm 100% behind the Rose/Dr. love plot. I started on it, and I adore it. And I loved Rose so hard. It's been hard to even like the other companions who came after, esp the lovesick females b/c I'm still guarding the Dr. for Rose, in my head, like a goober.

Haha, I feel the same. HOWEVER, I liked Rose with Eccleston far more than with Tennant, especially at first. After she came back from Pete's dimension I felt they had better chemistry and story, but at the start of Tennant, I felt like that story line was dragging him down and I couldn't wait for her to leave.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!

My fave Doctor regens were Davison and Tennant, but I do love them all.

Let's not forget Sarah Jane Smith... I ADORED her! <3