One Month Progress, why you REALLY should take progress pictures.

Options
So I don't weigh myself, usually as I find it discouraging, however I did this morning after breakfast and I'm about the same weight I was when I started this last month. I think I'm 1.7lbs lighter or something like that. I wanted to be able to tell anyone who asked how much I had lost. It's a somewhat paltry number, but I feel fantastic, as fitness is my ultimate goal, not weight loss.

I'm not logging very faithfully, but I've made important changes, I drink almost exclusively water, except my pre-workout, and my protein shake after my workouts. I have started meal prepping to keep myself from eating fast food. I eat almost only white meat, like chicken breasts, and fish. I eat a lot more veggies than I used to.

I go to the gym 3-5 times a week, lift with a trainer 3 days a week, and about to start weight lifting 5 times a week. I do cardio for at least an hour a week, not including my weight circuits.

I didn't see a change in the last month. I got told a couple times in the last week that I looked great and had leaned out a lot, and some of my older yoga pants/capris were feeling loose. I could feel myself getting stronger, my weights started at 5lbs/7.5lbs as my minimum and maximum weights, now I lift 7.5lbs as my minimum, and 15lbs on some exercises, and still gaining. :)

I prefer biking for my cardio most day, and set a PR of 6.52 miles in a half hour the other day, up from barely getting 5 miles in the same amount of time.

And those feelings, being able to lift more weight, and being able to bike/run longer than I could when I started, those are what keep me motivated. The thing is, it's nice to see progress physically too, and I just couldn't see it. So I took these two pictures taken exactly a month apart and put them together, and they don't lie. I know they're not a gigantic difference, but the fact that there's progress at all when I didn't expect it, is great.

These two pictures make me extremely happy, and the fact that I'm living a lifestyle that I don't feel restricted by, that I feel I could maintain indefinitely is fantastically exciting!

WeightLoss_zpslinwovo4.jpg

fitnessprogress_zpszxuyngx2.jpg

Replies

• panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well done. Having better fitness makes a huge difference.

I think pictures are important. They keep me motivated and heading in the right direction when the scale alone may be discouraging.

• tucky3203
    tucky3203 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! you can see your progress! Great job keeping at it and staying strong!
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Awesome work and congrats on finding what motivates you.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Go you!!!
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Moonlightsonata79
    Options
    Great job. Btw if thats you in the profile pic i love the hair.
  • KrisisOD
    KrisisOD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job. Btw if thats you in the profile pic i love the hair.

It is, and thank you :)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and commitment! However, I don't agree with the "should" take pictures statement. It maybe a good recommendation to document progress, but it is not a necessity.
  • KrisisOD
    KrisisOD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your success and commitment! However, I don't agree with the "should" take pictures statement. It maybe a good recommendation to document progress, but it is not a necessity.

I say it because I didn't believe in taking photos, and just happened to have them a month apart. I didn't see any changes in myself, but the pictures show a change. It was just a very helpful thing to see the progress through the pictures, since I couldn't see it any other way.

• mehavelin
    mehavelin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!