A WHOLE PIZZA...

Options
2»

Replies

• cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Every now and then you earn the chance to be bad. On July 4th weekend I went to a neighbor's party and quaffed a few beers, ate lots of good food (including "meat popsicles"), and chilled. My intake was about 1000 calories over my goal, so I balanced it out with 2 days of proper food, exercise, and lots of water.

ummm... What is a meat popsicle?
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yah inquiring minds want to know what that is.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    "Was like 600 calories over for the day..." But is really only a 100 calorie surplus considering that MFP calculates your total with a 500 deficit, right?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    People are too funny and so micro focused on their health.

So my caloric goal to maintain is around 2400 calories per day. Say I eat a decent breakfast and lunch like normal, and then I decide I want to eat a whole pizza from the greasy pizza capital of the world, Pizza Hut. I order the Large stuff crust and have a good ol' time tearing it up. I go through all 8 slice and that is 2780 calories. With my normal breakfast and lunch, lets say the total for the day was 3780 calories, or 1380 calories over. Not even a half pound gain for the day. So the next 6 days of the week I moderate a bit, cut out about 200 calories each day, and it's like I never ate a whole pizza...but I did. :)

Seriously There is NOTHING you can do in one day, or even over a couple days, that will completely sabatoge your health. You might be off for a week and not lose, or maybe even gain a pound or two, but that's nothing in the grand scheme of moderating every day, every, week, for months and years.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    irishgal25 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    irishgal25 wrote: »
    I intended on 2 slices of cheese pizza and a spinach and walnut salad.. but when it came to order, the salad became non existent and I ordered a whole cheese pizza (medium, thin crust).
    What are you going to do next time to let your Rational Voice win?
    Waking up this morning, I feel like crap. Dehydrated, bloated, ITCHY ( I've come out in mini hives!) - but most of all, I can't shake the feeling that I've set myself back a week of hard work.

Have I? What damage have I really done?
    How many calories was it?

I think the hives and generally awful feeling is enough to make me think twice in the future.

Also as for calories, it's hard to know. Maybe 1000 or more? It's so hard to gauge. It's a gormet pizza place, they piled on the cheese, although I had no toppings.

Anyway... lesson learned!

Thanks for the advice guys

Yeah, the hives would be my only concern. Feeling crappy after eating something radically different than you've become used to eating is pretty common.

I'd want to know what caused the hives so I could avoid whatever it is. Could be food-related, could have been something else you came into contact with that night.
  • Benphi91
    Benphi91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The hives are odd. But, this is supposed to be a lifestyle change and not a crash diet. Personally, I have a cheat day once a week.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I love whole pizzas.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    A "meat popsicle" is really just a big chunk of marinated meat on a small skewer that you put on the grill. Delicious! I must've eaten a dozen of those suckers that day...
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    "Was like 600 calories over for the day..." But is really only a 100 calorie surplus considering that MFP calculates your total with a 500 deficit, right?

No, that's taking my deficit into account. That is 600 over maintenance. Yeah. But it was super special awesome food so I'm not going to apologize to my body for it! XD
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I eat a medium thin crust almost every week. It's not a cheat either. I love pizza so I make sure I have calories for it. And I don't feel bad afterwards either. It's fine. Move on.
  • momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    A "meat popsicle" is really just a big chunk of marinated meat on a small skewer that you put on the grill. Delicious! I must've eaten a dozen of those suckers that day...
    Ohhhh like my mom's version of a kabob (no vegetables lol) my mind has been stuck on that all morning trying to figure it out lol thank you I can finally move on! :D
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha!! Glad I could clear that up for you ;);)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Identify what you can learn from this experience and apply it next time!