Any ladies over 50 want to be friends?

Options
Hi Ladies,
I'm new here!!! Ive been logging my food diary for 2 weeks now and need to loose 50 pounds! I've been a yoyo dieter since I was a child, but now at 50 yrs am realizing its sooooo much harder.....why is that?

Replies

• amyinfla
    amyinfla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Patricia! Middle age & perimenopause, I suppose. :(. I'm 50 in 2 months & need to lose 40 lbs. The good news I've found is that MFP works if you stick with it. I've lost 10 lbs each of the last two times I used it. This time, I'm staying with it for the whole 40 lbs. Cheers!
  • HeatherMaildog
    HeatherMaildog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey...I'm 53...its day 3 of MFP. Seems pretty user friendly but I just have to stay motivated. I'm looking to loose 40 pounds. Here's to new journeys. ;-)))
  • sophiasmithshrinks
    Options
    Hello, nice to meet you! Have you found that its harder to loose as you passed the big five o mark?
  • sbds999
    sbds999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Patricia. I'm 56 and it sure is hard. I've had 50 lbs sneak up on me for the last 8 years. It's time to get it off. I work from home so there's no time excuses!
    Anyway, nice to meet you.
    Patti
  • sophiasmithshrinks
    Options
    Oh we are both Patricia! I was doing so well, my highest being 310. I got to 190 then got complacent and bam I am back at 219 (as of today) I have also joined a Kaiser support group.....trying again!
  • cecebo
    cecebo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Cece,
    Trying to lose 40, just started this app yesterday. :)
  • bbycakes1963
    bbycakes1963 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and in my second week here.. Your story sounds a lot like mine, I'd like to be friends!
  • Marmiex3
    Marmiex3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Patricia! I will be 56 in about a week & I'm really struggling. It's hard when menopause hits.
  • sophiasmithshrinks
    Options
    Yes Im in menopause also.......stinks right!
  • cvera99
    cvera99 Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hello ladies :) just joined yesterday. I am 51 and yes menopause stinks!! I've always been able to keep myself in shape but the past few years it has become increasingly difficult. Need motivation to get to the gym and be more active. Looking for buddies to help me lose 30 lbs. Let's do this together!!!
  • defatimalitza
    defatimalitza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! The reason is challeng to loose weight at 50's and over, is because our metabolism slows. And our glandular go through change.
    If you eat a half cake in your 20's, it usually burned right way you body used for energy, proteins...However, the same size cake eat at late 40's and up, it will goes to your hips.
    I have some guidelines that I do every day, after eat I will clean the kitchen, do some laundry and walking for 15 minutes. This help prevent belly and hip fat accumulation. When you sit or lay down your body will slow your digeste system, put the food in the belly and hips.
    I am 52 years old and I did have some weight problems when young, today I realize that nobody has a perfect body, I love myself and this is the reason I love to take care of my body, my mind and myself. I yelled my daughter change starting from inside to outside.
    I do Yoga, jog/run, I exercise to keep my health stable. I did Martial Arts, Tai chi. So, base on my experience I choose Yoga with some Martial Arts, Tai Chi, and walk/jog/ run . Because the three first exercises you are working with your body weight and it is awesome, it is a totally complete exercise. And the orders I do for diversity, to challenge.
    I am sick so I need to listen to my body, and yoga, martial arts and tai chi will eventually open your body to eat better foods. My boyfriend is 52 years old and he just lost 30 lbs and he wants to get 178 lbs. His motto is " all changes happene when you really want it and keep your mind focuse on it." And he is an great example to my daughter.
    So, I hope this will help you focuse 'to love yourself, you need to take care of yourself".
    Let's go .... My name is Litza.
  • defatimalitza
    defatimalitza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    888nc4qbo9y9.jpeg
    This is me.
    I am studying for my Hatha Yoga Teacher.
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and started on MFP about a week ago. I started with working out and eating better almost 2 months ago. I started needing to lose about 112 lbs. So far, I've lost 26. I'm hitting the gym twice a day, cardio and strength training, but take a rest on Sunday mornings. I haven't eliminated anything from my diet but logging my food makes me really think about it before splurging. So far, I haven't blown past my goal. I've had weight problems for as long as I can remember. I'm glad to see progress.
  • dverano
    dverano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Joined and started logging my food a couple of weeks ago. It really is tough after 50! Feel free to add me would be great to motivate each other
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 50, and you can add me. I'm on daily. My goal is to lose 50 lbs in small increments. After losing 40 lbs using MFP, my mom passed away and here came 30 of that back. Now I'm starting over. I live in a very hot State so motivation for outdoor activity is extremely limited. We can CRUSH THIS!!

• TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yes Im in menopause also.......stinks right!

Not sure if I'm in Menopause, but something is definitely going on... Lol
  • lindasinklings568
    Options
    Hi! I'm 53 and started a week ago. I need to lose about 30 lbs. I'm determined to make this work but doing it alone is no picnic. Add me in.
  • sophiasmithshrinks
    Options
    Its just harder after 50, our metabolism is super slowe now!
  • hochh130
    hochh130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is also Patricia lol but go by Patty. I am going to be 58 in October. I am 5'5" and currently weigh 136 which has been my normal weight since my 30s but also have several times gained up to 180 or lost down to 120. Two years ago I was injured in a whiplash type accident that caused an incurable neurological brain disorder called Dystonia. It is a movement disorder that causes muscle spasms and tremors and intense pain as muscles are constantly tightening and pulling. I have it in my neck and shoulders also in my eyes, jaws, tongue, throat and my esophagus. I have to take many medicines and get botox injections every 3 months to paralyze the affected muscles. It was difficult to eat and swallow so dropped to 112 pds. After vocal and swallowing therapy not choking as much so up to 136 which is where I want to stay. I also need to strengthen my core and muscles not affected with dystonia. Very important for me to stretch as much as possible.
  • hochh130
    hochh130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend cause I need the motivation