Starting Insanity tomorrow!

Options
Hello :D

I am starting insanity tomorrow! I am in Okinawa so it's Monday night here. I did the fit test today and I am looking forward to starting the workouts. Can anyone offer any advice on insanity?! I am going to keep my calorie consumption around 1200 a day, do you think that will be enough, for those who have completed the program?

I have my calendar and measurement chart hanging up in the living room right by my front door so I see it multiple times a day. I also have a picture of someone I aspire to look like! I get to reunite with my husband on September 9th so I want to WOW him. ( :

Also, if anyone wants to join me, feel free to do so!

Replies

• Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I'll be starting Insanity week 3 today....and I luv it!!!! The only advice I can give you is to do your best everyday... It is totally unlike anything you're ever done before. But believe it ot not I'm getting better and stronger each day. As far as your cutting your calories back....I'm not so sure about that. On average I but between 825 and 900 calories per workout(except for Thursday's Muscle Recovery).

Best of luck to you! If you like you can add me so we can compare and vent about Shaun T..... He really is nuts....In great shape...but nuts!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hello :D

I am starting insanity tomorrow! I am in Okinawa so it's Monday night here. I did the fit test today and I am looking forward to starting the workouts. Can anyone offer any advice on insanity?! I am going to keep my calorie consumption around 1200 a day, do you think that will be enough, for those who have completed the program?

I have my calendar and measurement chart hanging up in the living room right by my front door so I see it multiple times a day. I also have a picture of someone I aspire to look like! I get to reunite with my husband on September 9th so I want to WOW him. ( :

Also, if anyone wants to join me, feel free to do so!

1200 will not be enough. The diet guide suggests a minimum of 1700. You will not have the energy to do the workouts on 1200. I suggest eating the 1700, at a minimum.
  • ssteele09
    ssteele09 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for pointing that out erickirb! I'll up my calorie intake to 1700.
  • FitShark
    FitShark Posts: 68
    Options
    I agree with the calories...in general, any hard workouts require you to eat enought o re-fuel and keep from breaking down!(Oh, I have done P90X, added X+ and Insanity in the past 2 yrs) ... use this site to lo all your stats, food and exercise, and you'll see how much you need to keep your energy/nutrition up and what you can cut :)

GOOD Luck!
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options
    Hey :) I am in the middle of week three :) So i'll add you and we can try and motivate each other to keep going, because I kinda fell off the program for a week and a half but I'm going to jump right back in :)

I am going to keep my calorie intake at 1200 but add a protein shake and just not keep it in my records so that I am getting energy to keep going but still on a "diet" because I need to tone and lose weight!
  • ssteele09
    ssteele09 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey :) I am in the middle of week three :) So i'll add you and we can try and motivate each other to keep going, because I kinda fell off the program for a week and a half but I'm going to jump right back in :)

I am going to keep my calorie intake at 1200 but add a protein shake and just not keep it in my records so that I am getting energy to keep going but still on a "diet" because I need to tone and lose weight!

Sounds great! : D
  • lynnmarsh52
    lynnmarsh52 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just started week 2! Definately 'insane', but have to say - be warned, the first week is a killer!! I ached every day, but pushed through it! If you are in agony, make sure you take rests and have a water break. It's a 60 day programme, so you are not expected to breeze through it straight away! Although, even at the end it wouldn't be a breeze! Even though it's really tough, I actually enjoy it! I'm loving it!

It's a good idea to get a protein shake to add to your diet if you don't already. That will help immensly. I have a chocolate one and I pop in a couple of ice cubes - it's delicious after my 'workout'!

Make sure you've taken your 'before' shots to compare with your 'after' shots when you've finished! I can't wait for the amazing results. Will send an invite now! Great to have support from someone in the same boat!

:flowerforyou:
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I know you are going to love this site because I absolutely love it more than anything else I have tried. I am here to support you and hope you do the same.
  • jjjohns
    jjjohns Posts: 27
    Options
    I just started today! My hubby as been doing it for 5 weeks and has had great results. If you want you can add me and we can go through this together!!
  • lheislup
    lheislup Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I will be starting Insanity this evening. A little nervous b/c I hear how hard it is so any encouragement or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
  • Inittowinit
    Options
    Starting round 2 today, will do fit test & workout to catch up with those that started yesterday! Its tough in the beginning but
    so worth it! :bigsmile:
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am on week 8. My only advice is that you will, at some point, hit a wall and feel like maybe you can't keep doing it. Push through that wall! I felt like that at the end of week two and then again at the end of week 7. My body was breaking down, but then it dawned on me that pushing through where I would typically quit will gain me some great results and I am so glad that I did. Now I look at less than 12 work outs to go and am looking forward to round two.