Staying committed!!

so I work at a assisted living home. And we are having nurse appreciate week/spirit week. So the mangers are getting us lunch. And they are getting some unhealthy.... Things like pizza and KFC. But I didn't give in. All my coworkers are like come on have some. And I'm like no!!!! It really sucks that my work place isn't more understanding towards what Iam doing.

Replies

• foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,626 Member
    KFC nutrition info - including calories is available on line and so may the pizza info be if it is made by a chain restaurant. Look it up in advance and then adjust your portions accordingly. You could say have half a piece of pizza or one chicken leg and bring a salad from home. No reason you can't fit those into your calorie count. If you don't want to eat it, don't. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone.
  • aackerly0489
    aackerly0489 Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you. The kinda diet I'm on is I can't eat bread... Thank you for ur kind words
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Good for you for staying strong - I know how hard it is.

The good thing is, there are some low calorie options available at KFC and a slice of pizza certainly won't hurt your progress, just log and be aware and you're fine.

I've just noticed your response about not being able to eat bread in which girl, well done you and keep up the good work! Your determination will pay off! :)
  • aackerly0489
    aackerly0489 Posts: 12 Member
    Yeah I can't eat bread or pasta. On a none carb diet.
  • kobemitchell1
    kobemitchell1 Posts: 13 Member
    Way to go! Our journeys are our own and part of that is taking control and making the right choice for us. It's really hard sometimes when others don't understand but huge props to you for taking that control in the face of pressure. Rest assured if you continue to do so your path will lead to where you want it to.