Staying committed and determined

Options
hi there in Andrea!! :) I started my journey off and on for about 3 years now. I have finally decided to fully committ myself to a healthier lifestyle because it truly does make u feel better about yourself, not only physically but emotionally! I have suffered with binge eating , I'm an emotional eater but am fighting everyday hard for these temptations to go away! With time I have realized it's a lot easier. I work in the medical field where food and treats are constantly brought to us, free of course and that had been a big battle for me. I have been hard on myself and staying committed to being healthy for about one month in which I have lost 8 pounds! I'm so proud of myself!! Anyone else have this problem with people always giving u food and wanting to have u eat unhealthy all the time!?

Replies

• Bruery
    Bruery Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating is a tough one to tackle... I eat when I am bored, so I guess I am a boredom eater? = / Well gratz on your accomplishment thus far!!!
  • crystalj2223
    crystalj2223 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am a little bit of both, I would eat when I was emotionally and bored. My biggest accomplishment now is being able to control myself(sometimes), and make healthy choices. When I am emotional, I just make healthier eating choices when I go to the fridge.
  • lopeza1190
    lopeza1190 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We have to hang in there!! There's always healthier options for everything! If I'm bored I go out for a walk or start reading a book or find someway to distract me. But if u buy healthy things and keep nothing but healthy stuff around this shouldn't be so hard! :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    By the sounds of your post, I feel committing is the problem - not the weight loss itself. You are more than capable of losing your desired weight as you've done it before. I'd definitely suggest sticking to MFP and the community in order to help with staying on track. It's helped me hugely and I've now lost 30lbs and I KNOW I'll keep it off too. When you feel like giving in, ask yourself where you want to be in 6 months time. You can do this! :)