20 pounds in 3 months - need friends

Options
Hi, I have recently started become active on MFP, and my current stats are:
Height: 5 5'
Current weight: 165 lbs
Goal weight: 125 lbs

But I want to have a sustainable weight loss - slow and steady. I am targetting around 1.5 pounds per week and I want to start the 20 lbs goal from October. Looking for friends who have similar healthy aspiration of loosing weight. (No quick fix/fad diet approach)

I will be starting with 30 day shred with some mix of cardio. please comment if you are interested to loose weight together and share the success :)

Replies

• ColeyGirl31
    ColeyGirl31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My goals are similar and really trying to use MFP to get back on track! I'm 5'2", weigh 129.5 & want to lose 20 pounds. Mainly just tone and incorporate exercise more.
  • MeowNes
    MeowNes Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    soulpolka wrote: »
    Hi, I have recently started become active on MFP, and my current stats are:
    Height: 5 5'
    Current weight: 165 lbs
    Goal weight: 125 lbs

But I want to have a sustainable weight loss - slow and steady. I am targetting around 1.5 pounds per week and I want to start the 20 lbs goal from October. Looking for friends who have similar healthy aspiration of loosing weight. (No quick fix/fad diet approach)

I will be starting with 30 day shred with some mix of cardio. please comment if you are interested to loose weight together and share the success :)

Hey. I am 4'11 and 166 i want to get to 120
    Let's do it!!!
  • MeowNes
    MeowNes Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Opss typo last time I weight myself I was 160. But wouldn't be surprised if I'm 166 by now.
  • rustyblonde99
    rustyblonde99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 194 right now. I've set my first "mini goal" as 165 lbs by the end of this year, so just under 30 lbs. Eventually I want to get down to 140-145 lbs. I started the 30 day shred three weeks ago but haven't been doing it every single day -- however, I've managed to lose 6 lbs by doing that combined with counting calories. I've also been trying to walk (either pushing my 11 week old in a stroller or keeping up with my 3 year old as she rides her bike). Feel free to add me! :)
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    We have the same everything! Adding all of you!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 165. It's been over a year and I'm not down to 125 yet...
  • Amillionsparkles
    Amillionsparkles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    These are very similar to my goals!! im also 5'5 and i have tried 30 day shred. if you need to share anything im here.
  • margie73k
    margie73k Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would like to join you on the 30 day shred and 20 pounds. I'm currently 237lbs and 5'8". I've been tracking on and off for months and keep loosing motivation.
  • emmarankin88
    emmarankin88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Trying to get to a size that means I can finally wear a bikini after 28 years. Would like to have some friends to do this with so add me if you like!
  • Lynster31
    Lynster31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm 5'3 and weigh around 160 lbs. I'm really needing some motivation to get started on my weight loss journey! I would love any support I can get :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 - I started at around 157 lbs and I am now 127 lbs. This took me around 4 and a half months but I was mega, mega strict. I definitely agree with your slow and steady approach and I definitely recommend 'not' setting yourself any kind of deadline as the pressure just isn't worth it! You can totally do this though, wishing you the very best of luck :)
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I started at 189 two years ago and am now at 150, with about 15 more lbs. to lose. I'm 5'5", and while I'm not that into shreds I go running a lot. :) I'd be happy to join everyone on this journey.
  • TacoTina
    TacoTina Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I would love to loose 15, keep me posted:) I am 5.2 and weigh 136 my goal is 120, lets do this ladies. I work out 6 days of week sometimes 7 that's if I'm bored lol. I have been strict with my workouts and I started at 143 lbs, just started MFP about 1 month ago.
  • smsquayle
    smsquayle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is the motivation I need to get started. I'm 164cms and 68kg. I want to be 61kg by 26 December so I can enjoy the summer at the beach. I do plenty of exercise but my love of all things sweet means the weight doesn't budge.
  • Hikaru140
    Hikaru140 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    good luck just stay under your daily calorie goal even if it means by 100 calorie then you are good to go good luck :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    OP, 1.5 might be a little aggressive at your height/weight. At 5ft5 your body will fight you a little bit on those 20, because it will probably be happy at around 155-150. So it may take a little longer than three months...which is ok! Just don't get discouraged if it does. The last 20-10 pounds as they say are the hardest...but my goals are close to yours! I feel it will take a bit longer though. XO
  • Madigk
    Madigk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also 5 5' and 165 and would love to lose 20 pounds in three months!! I ride my bike and lift weights for exercise. Not sure how to add friends though?
  • soulpolka
    soulpolka Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys for joining me, I have added people who sent me request. You can do any exercise that you like - not necessarily the 30 day shred. I just wanted to set a goal so that I can follow up, and wanted people to stay motivated. Small changes at a time, whilst not giving up on occasional treats. For the next two weeks - I have small goals like drink up more water and more green tea and exercise atleast 4 times a week. I want to also be more proactive in terms of having meal plans so I put the start date as October 1st.