Sticking to 1200 cals.A student.

Options
I bet you guys get asked a lot about this and i never thought id feel the need to ask, but here I go.
Well i am a student and so finding healthy foods or making some at home to take with me while sticking to this calorie goal (1200) is not easy. I love carbs as they are easy to pack, or if i eat veggies i prefer to have a sauce with them as it makes me feel like i'm eating something filling.
I know no excuses don't bother, but that's just what makes me not feel uncomfortable.
Any suggestions? with my weight i can't lose more than 0.6 kilos as ill be under the healthy caloric intake. Desperate for ideas or tips. p.s: cooking is not the best option as i don't live at home. I know i am making it harder but that is the case.
I appreciate any help.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You need to change the things you like to eat, you need to eat less of them.
  • Amillionsparkles
    Amillionsparkles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You need to change the things you like to eat, you need to eat less of them.

Lol im not even eating the things i like! sadly, i love salads so much but i cant afford to pay 10$ each time i want a salad..
  • lyndahh75
    lyndahh75 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Dip for veggies that is lower in calories and fat free- salsa.
    I enjoy tuna mixed with salsa instead of mayo and serve it on some lettuce. Take green yellow or red sweet peppers and stuff them with tuna that's mixed with salsa or mayo whatever.
    All low calorie. I buy green giant veggie steamers- just need a microwave- broccoli chess is my go to- 45 calories per serving. I like split pea soup and lentil bean soup- 130 calories. Hummus makes a nice dip for veggies- or get reduced fat or fat free sour cream/ mix it with powdered ranch mix to make your own ranch dip.
  • InProgressFitChick
    Options
    Tuna- easy to pack and many benefits to eating it. Also salmon which comes in a pouch or can like tuna does.

I like multi grain, high fiber breads. Can't eat too much of it but in the right portions its very filling (and tastier than other bread if you ask me)

Salads. Every vegetable you can use. Carrots, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. generally low cal (if you don't load it with dressing) and filling. I dress generously with lemon and red wine vinegar or some sort or this Nakano brand rice vinegar that also tastes good. Also pepper and oregano. Put tuna on top if you want to- that makes it even more filling.

Peanut butter/Nut Butter. Many benefits and again just watch the calories and measure the servings. Use this instead of dressing for your veggies. Goes great with carrots and celery. Raisins, peanut butter, celery=ants on a log and a fun little snack.

Nuts. Almonds are satisfying.

Bananas. These are like the most amazing things to me lol. Eat one and it fills you like a steak. Goes good with peanut butter. Could make a peanut butter, banana, honey sandwich with that (high fiber bread you got above ;) )

I like kashi granola bars as a "really rushing and I don't want to starve" snack. I can't say if they're good, neutral or bad for you or not as I don't know yet, but I find them satisfying and all kashi products to be delicious. I might eat a clif bar once or twice every 2 weeks. Same reasoning.

Those are the easiest things I can think of in a rush that even I make use of. Invest in some Tupperware and those things are easy to put together and pack. None of them involve cooking. Tuna is cheap. Fruits/Veggies never are but they're worth it. Use coupons. Find out what combos work for you best in terms of time, money and enjoyment. If you don't enjoy it, you can't maintain it. These are just things that have worked for me. Hope I helped a little.
  • Amillionsparkles
    Amillionsparkles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much, i will actually buy a steamer and do most of the tips mentioned. Now i have an idea of what i can eat or swap. :smile: