What do your husbands/wifes say?

Options
13»

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am doing this with my fiance. I try to help him and comment on his noticeable differences, He hasnt said anything about me yet. We just talk about food and calories and what to eat and then i cook it. For support i go to this forum. He works out 3 times a week for 20 minutes on the bowflex and getting results and i workout everyday doing everything.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    I'm down 25 pounds in total since March (started on MFP in May). My husband is super supportive, and we both joined up on here. He's always told me everyday since we got together that I was beautiful. As if he's noticed and said anything on his own (without me poking him haha) -- not really. I did read though that with people that see you every day, that it's harder for them to really see a change, since it happens over time. Plus we're always talking about food and exercise, and numbers on the scale and measurements, so we're getting a big dose of it in other ways.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't really notice, either... like a lot of you said, it IS hard for someone who sees you every day to notice the subtle differences! But he is incredibly supportive anyways. He lets me indulge when I need to (HRM, sports bra), he listens to me go on and on about things, and he lets me cook whatever I want and doesn't complain. He is constantly telling me how proud he is of me. But not in the sense that he loves me more now or is more attracted to me, just that he is proud that I am doing what I want to do and that I am taking care of myself.

He can tell, however, when I put together the "before-and-after" pictures. Every time I make a new one, his reaction is always the same- "holy *kitten*!" ... LOL... I love it!! :laugh:
  • alejan1975
    alejan1975 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The wife likes it I think. I don't get complements much on anything so who knows.

Ha! that's hilarious - your wife and mine must be cut from the same cloth!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    DH is super supportive. He was always kind with his comments when I was heavier and sweet about my body even when I was pregnant. He will make note of little changes that I might not pay attention to (i.e. your calves look awesome!) and he thinks to comment about my motivation which is super sweet. :happy:
  • Quaneshia1983
    Options
    My husband told me he love no matter what size I am but he has joined in also on the weekends, because he is a over the road truck driver so thats his only time off , I have lost 73pds with 33 left to lose . He has lost 30pds which he didn't need to lose but if he is happy so am I. But he does ask me do I really want to be 170. Sometimes it makes me feel like he thinks I will be too skinny. But if I look too small I will stop before reaching my goal but for now its 170.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My hubby has only seen pictures of me via the internet. He is deployed but ummmm the things he says that will transpire when he gets me alone...ummmmm help! LOL
  • fzia
    fzia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone partners so positive! I wish I can say the same with my bf. He never say anything, I think he is insecure. It make me question the relationship:(
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My husband has always found me attractive no matter my weight but he is enjoying my recent slimming. I've still got a long way to go but already he's quite appreciative of how I'm looking. He actually noticed the changes before I really saw anything. Of course I'm probably my own worst critic. I've lost 23 so far and two pants sizes but I still look in the mirror and don't see much difference. I'm waiting for my brain to catch up with my body. :)
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My man is pretty positive about it! He loves to tell me how great I look now, and where he has noticed me slimming out. I think my confidence and enjoyment of being active has rubbed off on him becuase he signed up for a baseball league and he just has the hugest grin on his face after every game! We are both very complimentary of each other, but the best part is raising out children in a happy active lifestyle! Last year we were two very different people. Such small changes have such huge rewards!
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES the new/old me! I was this size, well actually smaller when we met, so after 2 kids, I am finally back to my starting weight! Well, almost :wink: Just about 5 more lbs to go, but my confidence is back and that was ONE of the things that attracted him to me in the first place :love:
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mine tells me that I can't lose any more weight or else...
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My wife always jokes that I am turning into a "Skinny Mickey". I am a big Disney fan so I thinks it's funny. But honestly I am trying to get back down to the weight I was when we were first dating. I have already lost the sympathy weight I gained while she was pregnant last year. So now I am down to the final 17 to get back to the lightest I've been since we we've been together and then a few more pounds to reach my goal. Skinny is not my goal, but being fit is. And she seems to appreciate the dances I do in my boxers for her to show off my runners legs. :laugh:
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    :happy: My husband loves the change! He said he has a new wife!!! :happy:
  • ipadmama
    ipadmama Posts: 6
    Options
    Unfortunetly My husband does not support me in this...I believe he is part of the reason I'm so fat, (. Although I know ultimately it's my choices that got me here) but still........my children are very supportive as well as my mother and at the end of the day it's my choice, And I CHOOSE NOT TO BE FAT ANYMORE AND JUST TO TRY TO MAKE BETTER CHOICES.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well for one my husband loves me no matter how I look. but I have to admit he loves the new me. When we first met I was comfortably at 150lbs which I was happy cause I am tall so 150lbs was good for me. then after being together with him & 1 daughter together later, well lets just say I let myself go real bad. but last year I decided to start eating healthier and now 44lbs lighter, he loves it. he can pick me up again. Hehe!!! but now I told him he has to get me a new ring or get it smaller cause they are falling off now. but he is happy for me & supports anything I want to do.. I love my hubby, but in all. he loves the new me, i guess cause I have more energy to do things & a bit more flexible than I use to be. lol haha!!!
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My husband is the one who got me started back on focusing on my weight. He recently started riding a rode bike and has lost an amazing amount of weight and so he supports me with this endeavor. I haven't been on here for a very long time yet but he has said that he has noticed that there is less there on my sides (my muffin top) and I had to laugh at the way he said it :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    unfortunately mines one of the ones thats not very supportive either. He couples his compliments with criticisms and road blocks me quite often. Hes very quick to sabotage.
    But the longer I do this, the stronger I get and the more I have come to realize that he is insecure with the changes I am making. Like someone else said up there.... this is FOR ME and its okay for me to do this for myself. He frustrates me and sometimes hurts me but I dont allow it to get me off my path anymore.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!