SO EXCITING BUT NOTHING TO DO WITH LOSING...

Options
This goes to show that if you put your mind to it, you can do ANYTHING!!!

My son will be graduating high school this coming Friday. One of his classmates suffered horrible brain damage playing football when they were in the 8th grade. At first, they said he would die (and when I saw him in the hospital, I thought so, too). They were wrong.

Then, they said he would be a vegetable. They were wrong.

Then, they said he would only be able to communicate without speaking. They were wrong.

They said he would never walk again. THEY WERE WRONG.

Apparently, he walked without any support from his front yard into his house. I bet he will walk ON HIS OWN to get his diploma on Friday and I am so excited for him! Just as excited as I am for my own son! That place is going to go NUTS when he does!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    wow that is amazing :) His parents must be so proud, he's been blessed--- what a fighter :)
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Wow, that is SO Inspiring! Thanks for sharing this!!! :)
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    That's awesome! I would totally cry if I was there, just reading it made me well up. It'll be a truly beautiful moment to see everyone come together and show support and love for what must be an amazing young man.
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    that's amazing! thanks for sharing. there will probably be a lot of happy tears that day!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Now that is inspiration. Makes me feel like my weight loss mission is a walk in the park.
  • juliej65
    juliej65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!... Goes to show what a winning spirit can do... the sky is the limit!
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That is truly awesome!
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic story! I got goosebumps just reading it. Thanks so much for sharing,
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. :heart:
  • abgoins512
    abgoins512 Posts: 41
    Options
    That's amazing! Try to get video if you can, that's truely inspirational! And congrats to your son for graduating, also! You must be so proud!