Efffff scales and measuring tapes!!!

Options
I've seriously been doing so good with diet and exercise in the last 3 days and somehow I gained an inch in my waist and hips but my weight stayed the same!! I don't consume a lot of sodium either. So frustrating!!

About to eat a cheeseburger today...........

Replies

• Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Keep it to once a month and you'll be less frustrated. Or at least every couple of weeks. Also, measure your legs, arms, and neck for more accuracy.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having a cheeseburger especially if you make it at home. And to make it even better, skip the bun or only have the bottom of it.
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    You can still retain water even w/ out a large sodium intake. Drink lots of water and give it a few days. My measurments haven't changed in two weeks. But in that two weeks I have lost weight. Just be patient. 3 days it not enough time!!!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Keep it to once a month and you'll be less frustrated. Or at least every couple of weeks. Also, measure your legs, arms, and neck for more accuracy.

Amen. Your body naturally fluctuates. Seeing the same numbers over and over, or a subtle gain when it doesn't make sense, is counterproductive. If you hadn't seen the inch gain, would you have wanted a cheeseburger? Probably not. Keep with what you're doing, but decrease how often you weigh in and only do your measurements once a month.
  • niki108
    niki108 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Eating a cheeseburger, or weighing and measuring myself??? LOL

Its so hard for me to go that long and not weigh my self.
  • brialie
    brialie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Put the cheeseburger down!!!!!

The same thing happened to me! I wasn't losing any weight and I was eating like a health freak and exercising like mad, in 7 weeks i only lost 2kg. I stayed persistant though and in the last week I lost over 3kg, it was like my body just said "fine... i'll let it go".

Don't weigh and measure yourself too often, our bodies change depending on so many different things, like the type of food we eat, the amount of water our bodies are holding and the muscle we gain from exercise. Also, it might depend on what TOM it is, this can have a huge effect on your body.

Stay focused, you will get there!!
  • niki108
    Options
    OH you are sooo right. Totally forgot about TOM! Thank you everyone for the advice so far!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    You need to set realistic expectations - 3 days isn't enough time for any real changes to take place, so not surprising you didn't see anything. Like others have said, measure monthly, and measure other body parts. As for weighing, weigh daily if you have to but don't pay much attention to daily numbers, watch for weekly trends - is it staying the same or trending up or down.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Would you like so suggestions to help vamp up you weight loss? Let me see your diary or tell me what you normally eat.

If you are just wanting to vent, well that is good to do from time to time. You just have to keep trying to find what works for you and your body. What works for one person may not work for you. Trust me it has taken me a long time to restructuring the way I eat, to find one that works for me. It is surely a lifestyle change and it won't be easy. Good Luck!
  • niki108
    Options
    You need to set realistic expectations - 3 days isn't enough time for any real changes to take place, so not surprising you didn't see anything. Like others have said, measure monthly, and measure other body parts. As for weighing, weigh daily if you have to but don't pay much attention to daily numbers, watch for weekly trends - is it staying the same or trending up or down.
    I guess I am just impatient. Ive been stuck between 192 and 195 for the past two months, its driving me nuts.
  • niki108
    Options
    double post
  • niki108
    Options
    Ok, well im not going to let this get to me too much. But I am going to have a Turkey burger from Carls Jr today.... :)
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Sounds good to me.