I could use a helping hand

Options
I have been on and off of My Fitness Pal for awhile. I do well, then I get lazy and totally forget to enter my calories. Soon after 4 days a week at the gym turns into maybe going for a walk if I feel like it.

So, I am looking for some support. I believe if I start making friends on here I'll have a group of people that will call me out when I start slacking. They say it takes 23 days to form a habit...maybe I can start a healthy habit.

I really want to reach my ideal weight. Right now I'd like to drop 10 lbs in a months time. I think that it's possible. If anyone else out there knows what it's like to need a cheering section or maybe needs some help as well...let me know. I need to buckle it down and make the change.

Thanks!

Replies

• LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy to help you. Add me as a friend if you like. I can definitely keep you motivated with exercise. It's one of my favorite things to do :)

Amanda
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    :bigsmile: I think having friends on here totally make a difference!!Feel free to add me and I would love to help encourage you along the way!!!
  • blueocean52811
    blueocean52811 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Here to help you!! Feel free to add me.
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello there..... I am the same way. I have been a member for a while, start out good and than slowly go back to my old ways. But recently I have been doing great. I am keeping track of my food and I am exercising everyday. This time has been really different. We can do this ....if you like send me a friend request.

:flowerforyou:
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    You can friend me if you like... I need a helping hand also... this is my first day getting on with a healthier life change. My goal is to be 125 and I am sitting at 173 so I have 48 pounds to lose.
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Can you friend me also... I could use your motivation also... my first day today
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    wellcome to mfp and feel free to add me I also need a little push once in a while. have a nice day :flowerforyou:

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kittymom2011
    Options
    I could use some support as well. I've lost my motivation to exercise. I am 155 and want to be 135. Any ideas on how to get back into my exercise routine? Thanks.
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, i'm really focused for a while then have an off week which completely throws me off track. Just had one of those weeks and have gained 4lbs.....anyway, back on track today so hoping to lose that over the next week or so.

Ill send you a friend request but if anyone is able to give me support to your friend requests will be welcomed :)

Ceri
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    Having a good support group always helps!!Please feel free to add me x
  • T1gana
    T1gana Posts: 4
    Options
    I am new to this and like you tend to stick at a diet for a while then get fed up and munch my way back up the scales! I could do with encouragement if you or anyone else would like to add me as a friend. It would be good to chat to someone who is regularly on here to keep the motivation going.
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    Options
    I can tell you something I read somewhere on here that has really helped me:

Focus on today. Exercising TODAY. Eating well TODAY.

I start in the morning thinking about what exercise I will do today, when I will do it, and how I will make myself actually do it, and not skip it. I am worth the time and energy needed to help my body. I also believe that you can start over at any time... just because I completely screwed up on lunch doesn't mean I've ruined the day. I try to get back on track and eat reasonably the rest of the day. It's the difference of going over in calories/fat/carbs whatever by a few, or completely doubling my intake. I'll add you as a friend.. it's amazing to have the support without the judgment!