start of day 3....

Options
I've been so good... got on the scale this morning and NOTHING! Same exact weight. I know I probably should not of gotten on the scale but I just wanted to see that this is worth something... but now I'm just frustrated. I would have been ecstatic over 1 lbs.

Replies

• pauldm1
    pauldm1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Your weight is going to fluctuate within the 5lb range and wanting to see steady progressive loss after such a short time is unreasonable. You could be holding water, hows your sodium intakke? You could have not gone to the bathroom, etcetc. That kind of stuff can negate a 1lb loss in fat. Dont get hung up on it. Check the scale once or twice a week but dont go everyday and freak out if the numbers arent lower than last time. Just keep at it and over long periods of time i promise the number on the scale will fall.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    71480kf wrote: »
    I've been so good... got on the scale this morning and NOTHING! Same exact weight. I know I probably should not of gotten on the scale but I just wanted to see that this is worth something... but now I'm just frustrated. I would have been ecstatic over 1 lbs.

You're two days in.. Give it time to take hold. Your body is likely stressed right now with all of a sudden being faced with a caloric deficit. Depending upon where you are in your cycle and how your body handles it, you could just be retaining water. As you get to know your weight, you'll find what makes you hold water and what flushes it.

I like using trendweight.com to keep tabs on weight loss. It eliminates much of the noise of water weight, and lets me focus on constant downward movement.
  • 71480kf
    71480kf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Needed to hear this!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Three days is just not enough time.

I hear you. Give it a sad face & move on!

My perspective is this: I got the way I am over 10 years. I'm not even going to officially weigh myself for 10 weeks. Why should I shout at my body now after feeding it poorly and underutilizing it for a decade? I trust that if I do what I'm supposed to do, it will do what it is supposed to do. And I can tell it's working by the fit of my clothing. But to stand at the scale & berate it after 3 days? That would feel disrespectful.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    ...... But is also a totally normal reaction.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Three days might not show anything. Water weight and all that too. It doesn't happen overnight.