Looking for friends

Options
Hi I'm a bit of a yoyo dieter and have used this app a few times off and on over the past few years. I've now ditched the crash diets and have adopted a healthy eating lifestyle, aiming to mostly eat real natural foods. I'm really determined to lose my last 2 stone and get to target weight for the first time in my life! It would be great to have some friends on here for motivation and to have a nosey at what others are eating lol so please feel free to add me, whatever stage you are at :-)

Replies

• SME17
    SME17 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been trying to lose the baby weight for nearly 3 years now! I was 50lbs overweight - I lost 30lbs and then just kind of maintained that. I've just started back last month on MFP and have lost 6.5lbs. I'm hoping to keep the momentum going and get this last stone off before mid-August when my friend is visiting from Australia. I think its doable I was so relieved when I actually started to see results.
  • Zive875
    Zive875 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am a sport student and am definitely satisfied with my sporting results, but still am concerned with my physique..

I used to do bodybuilding, I did it for 2 years, when I just didn't have time for that anymore, as during my studies I am participating in A LOT OF different kinds of sport (10 right now). So 6 months ago I stopped tracking my macros.. stopped taking care of my looks in general.

So here I am, all motivated (well I am a super motivated person in general) and ready to start a new beginning in hopes I will find some guys with, let's say, similar experiences, or at least the ones, who would be interested in sharing their stories with me :)
  • jsm768
    jsm768 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck all!

I am going to give this a go (again). I can lose at least 100 pounds and am aiming for that goal starting today. I have also tried this app several times in the past, but each time I have stopped after a couple of months. I have never entered into the MFP community before though, this is the first time. I am wondering if it is going to be what keeps me on track?

I need to become healthier. My knees and ankles hurt from carrying this weight and I feel depressed when I see photos of myself. I am motivated to make a change and excited to see results.

I would love to have a couple of *kitten* kickers to help me along. Thanks and again, good luck in your endeavors!
  • HeatherDunnell1979
    HeatherDunnell1979 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I never had friends on the app when I was using it before and found it a bit lonely and empty which probably helped towards me losing interest. Now I have a few friends on it I've found it far more interesting
  • jsm768
    jsm768 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right on. Let's do this!
  • ajoyjoypril
    ajoyjoypril Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need friends too! I have like 4. Friend me please!
  • michellemundi
    michellemundi Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    Hi i will try lol as am new in this friend app, so not sure what I'm doing. Bare with me
  • ajoyjoypril
    ajoyjoypril Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It worked! Thanks friend... can you tell me how you did that?
  • michellemundi
    Options
    Hahahaaa, not sure. Think I clicked on ur foto added my name and click the little tick button up top right corner .
  • rubenveee
    rubenveee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone hows it goin trying to get re motivated need a lil encouragement lets help eachother out
  • michellemundi
    Options
    Where's ur foto ??
  • HeatherDunnell1979
    Options
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Ditching those crash diets is the best thing you could do :)

MFP is the best tool I've come across in regards to weight loss, I really hope you find it useful. Stay strong and believe in yourself.
  • HeatherDunnell1979
    Options
    Yes totally agree with you! I've lost more fat the past few months than ever did with years of 'diets'
  • Swrb1078
    Swrb1078 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I have being on for 28 days, I have no friends. I am a yoyo dieter also. I love to exercise but I was eating back all my calories. Once on myfitnesspal I have discovered where my overeating was occurring and keeping track I have learned not to eat back calories, well not all of them. I have lost eight pounds thus far and have 110 to go. My weight loss journey will be so much easier with friends to motivate and encourage. Please
    add me as a friend. Today I weighted in at 267.