Morning Multivitamin

Options
Why does taking a multivitamin in the morning always make me feel sick? Today I'm eating it with toast and sunflower seed butter so I don't get why I feel sick to my stomach now too. ):

Replies

• JMuzzy
    JMuzzy Posts: 63
    Options
    mandy:flowerforyou:
    i know what you are going through! i was taking centrum and i got so nauseous that i had to stop. it wouldn't matter if i took one with food, without, in the morning, night, etc. thankfully, i found a vitamin that doesn't do that to my stomach!! they are called Opti-Women and i buy them from www.bodybuilding.com but i am sure there are other places you can get them.
    jennie
  • judogrrl
    judogrrl Posts: 6
    Options
    It is probably the Niacin. Some multis make me sick too. I switched to gummy chewables and I don't have a problem anymore.
  • azdmelani
    azdmelani Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used to take the One a Day vitamins and they made me sick. I've switched to the vitafusion gummies and no issues anymore
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    Does it have a lot of iron in it? I used to have that problem with the women's multivitamins with iron. I'm not really sure why, but I do know that it doesn't bother me anymore now that I take the vitamin after drinking a cup of skim milk. Maybe the milk coats my stomach? Sorry if that wasn't really helpful.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    This happens to me sometimes too, but I find that if I eat something first, it's better. And drink plenty of water! If it still bothers you, try buying one of those chewable vitamins & see if that makes a difference.