Missing days of Insanity?

Options
I have tried to workout in the morning after working out at night and it was just not successful and i had no energy to do anything at all. This week I start school and have class and work from 7 to 10:20 and was wondering if i could move everything back on day and just skip the cardio recovery day every Thursday and push my Wednesday workout back to Thursday. If yall have any ideas please let me know.. Thanks

Replies

• Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    If you have to skip a day, then do so. Just try your best to make time for working out. Even if you can't do the full workout, some is better than none.
  • Marcus19
    Marcus19 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey bro...I do Insanity also (I love it) Im a couple weeks in and I've missed two days. What I did the first time was just change the day off. So I had missed a wednesday, and instead of skipping a workout i didn't take the day off sunday, I replaced it with weds workout that I missed. That works well say if you missed one in one week, but if you miss two, that actually makes you miss a workout. I definitely don't recommend skipping the recovery day. That stretching is very necessary as we are pounding our joints and just about everything else in that crazy workout. If anything, still follow the workouts in order, but not necessarily by the calender. Just mark them off as you go, but definitely keep the recovery day, you need that, at least I kno I do
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't skip the recovery day entirely. It's there for a reason, and your body needs that day to not get burned out. Is it possible for you to swap it with another workout and just change the day you do it? I'm on week 9 of Insanity, so I completely understand how hard it can be to fit it into your schedule. Missing a workout here and there won't make much difference, but try to get them all in.
  • BigTex5723
    BigTex5723 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    so your just saying dont go by the 6 day workout, just go day by day with the calendar...there only 2 days a week that i cant workout...that Monday and Wednesday because i have school till 10;20