Any of you guys in England can you buy egg whites anywhere??

Options
Hey guys, I keep hearing that you can buy just egg whites in a carton, but cant seem to find any in the supermarket. Have looked it up on the net and only seem to be able to get it to order from America, has anyone seen it or bought it from anywhere in the UK, I live in South Yorkshire xx It would just be sooooo much easier than splitting eggs, ( and I just find it hard to throw the yolk away for some reason - tightness I spose haha) xx

Replies

• kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I just typed in egg white carton uk and got this link:

http://www.twochicks.co.uk/?gclid=CNre8b60oakCFUQMfAodDVKtuQ

Hope it helps.
    Px
  • marklynch
    marklynch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i think some of the larger tescos stores have them
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    I used to buy egg whites, but I stopped because they contain additives that I'm not happy with. So what I do instead is mix together one whole egg with just the whites of two additional eggs. It tastes better and it's low calorie and low cholesteral. I hopes this helps.

P.S. It also helps to buy the eggs wholesale because you go through them fast if you do it the way I suggest, you are using 3 eggs a day.
  • eills44
    eills44 Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the link, had a look at it, and contacted the one nearest to me, about 50 miles away, and they stock it, but cos of my blumin broken foot I cant drive at mo, so might just have to carry on with what im doing, and split the, just seems such a waste xx And I buy them freshly laid, so not cheap haha xxx Might just send OH over there to get me a truck load and freeze them lol xx
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the link, had a look at it, and contacted the one nearest to me, about 50 miles away, and they stock it, but cos of my blumin broken foot I cant drive at mo, so might just have to carry on with what im doing, and split the, just seems such a waste xx And I buy them freshly laid, so not cheap haha xxx Might just send OH over there to get me a truck load and freeze them lol xx

It also says that Tesco, Sainsbury, Waitrose and Coop stock them so maybe you could ask when you next go because they probably don't have them on the shelves anywhere near the real eggs!
  • CatClark
    CatClark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Waitrose definitely stock them: usually in the same fridge as the butter / margarine I've found :)
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I split them and freeze the yolks to make lemon curd for pressies/lemon tarts for the kids etc - works really well.
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    I split them and freeze the yolks to make lemon curd for pressies/lemon tarts for the kids etc - works really well.

I had no idea you could freeze the yolks! I've been washing them down the sink.