Cold press juice for fasting

Options
Cold press juice for 2 days fasting.
It's already day 2, and I might extend...
My goal is to loose 65lbs by February..
It's a long journey.....

ci7xqnua4b5p.jpg

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Do you like diarrhea?

Because that's how you get diarrhea.

Good luck with that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    OP - you said so yourself, it's a long journey. How does a 2 day fast (here and there) help you on that long journey?

I got fat because my portions were too big, and I snacked too much. No (temporary) fast would address those 2 issues for me. I choose to measure portions and log everything I stick in my mouth. That makes me accountable. I can now put a number (a price tag if you will)....on my snacks. I have learned what real portions should be.

Lifestyle changes for the long journey.....that journey includes both losing weight AND maintaining it.

If you like the idea of fasting.........you might look at something like 5:2. You eat 500 calories for 2 days and maintenance for the other 5. But this is actual food, not a replacement for food. This addresses lifestyle change because you are logging your maintenance days too. It's kind of nice to get your weekly calorie restriction in just 2 days.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    No offense, OP, but that looks miserable as two complete days of sustenance.

What TeaBea said is absolutely true. You're going to lose water weight and a little bowel material with these drinks, but that's all going to come back once you eat real food again. Why not go ahead and develop a deficit plan with solid food that you can actually live off for the next five months?
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    How did it go?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ...and go and go and go...
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Why? Why do people do these things?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Sounds like torture and a great way to bond with your toilet.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Is fasting on sugar really fasting?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    So, you are trying to get diarrhea to lose weight?
    Why? What happens when you start eating food again?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    A whole bunch of sugar. Candy bars usually have more fiber at least.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You're gonna make this journey seem a whole lot longer doing that.

Plug your stats and goals into MFP and eat the number of calories that it tells you. You can eat literally ANYTHING you want as long as you stick to that number of calories.

Please, please, please, don't make the process any harder than it has to be.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Looks like "food" one would punish guantanamo prisoners with...
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    This looks absolutely miserable. And do you think you won't gain it back when you return to normal eating? Why not just eat at a deficit and lose weight with a reasonable yet responsible deficit ?