A NSV That Saved Me... Money!

LeekLegs
LeekLegs Posts: 10 Member
Hello everyone! Thought I would share an NSV with you all. I get a lot of flack from people since I'm trying to lose what they call "vanity pounds." Which isn't entirely fair, because I really want to get fit, and be healthy. So I really hate when people tell me I'm not really changing anything except numbers on the scale.

Well!

Today I realized I had ZERO clean pants to wear for work. Typical Monday issues for me. I had a bag of old clothes that were now too small for me downstairs, ready to go to Goodwill. After about 15 minutes of fussing over my clothes I grabbed a pair of pants off the top of the pile that I had tried on just over a month ago and couldn't even get my thighs into, let alone button the top.

Well, of course they FIT! A pair of pants from Freshman year of HIGHSCHOOL. Ahhhhh. So not only did I have a little WHOO HOO moment, I don't have to buy all new work clothes either.

Replies

• flabwillbefab
    flabwillbefab Posts: 161 Member
    this is great!! you must have been happy dancing,,lol awsome!!!:O)
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Very Sweet NSV!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    That's so fun!
  • srtiemann
    srtiemann Posts: 76
    Awesome! It's always nice to shop in your old clothes. I have found a paid of pants I could not fit into before the loss that I am now able to wear comfortably. Congratz.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Congratulations on fitting into your old pants, that must have felt fantastic!

Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't changing anything but numbers on a scale - whoever said that doesn't know ANYTHING! I am a heavy person (although I am no longer "extremely obese" YAY!) but I really applaud people who are committed to being fit and trying to loose what you call "vanity pounds."

For someone like me, there are about a million reasons to loose weight and track calories. For someone who is so much closer to the goal weight, who don't have appearance problems and is already healthy, etc. those reasons might be less obvious. But, the benefits of increased muscle mass, etc will be so important as we age. So, don't let anyone tell you that your goals are less important just because you have less weight to loose than someone else.
  • thor9424
    thor9424 Posts: 40 Member
    that is awesome!!
  • LeekLegs
    LeekLegs Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you so much for that post. I really needed to hear that! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!