Starting over... losing 125lbs, looking for encouragement and support :)

Options
stacielynn67
stacielynn67 Posts: 18 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am not sure where to start. I am not new to MFP, but with as long as it has been since i last signed in... it might as well be.

I currently need to lose about 125lbs. This is the heaviest i have ever been. I don't have problems losing weight (if i try hard). I have tried this song and dance before. I have been successful, fell off the wagon, binged, lost all progress and then gained more than i started with in the process (rinse and repeat many times).

I know this is a common story, but this time i am having a hard time pulling myself out of it. I want to get started, but i find i'm lacking the ambition and energy. I feel like in order to succeed or to even get started i should surround myself with people who have similar goals so we can help and support each other (and be held accountable :wink: ). I have always tried to do this alone, but i'm finally ready to ask for help (and actually take it this time).

The goal of my post is to meet some new friends who have similar weight loss goals in mind. I need to lose weight. It's not longer a factor of just wanting to in order to look good (though that's a fantastic side effect). I need to do this. I want this to be a two-way street so we can help and encourage each other. If you are interested please friend me :smile:

Here's to a new start on a fresh journey!

Replies

• Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm looking to lose around 100lbs too including some baby weight. I lost 40lbs pre pregnancy so I know what needs to be done this time around. We can motivate each other :)
  • aurora184
    aurora184 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll add you too.... 100+ lbs to lose and I haven't decided on the number of my goal weight yet (because it seems so far ahead.... so difficult to reach. Step by step (and with an occasional sore behind from falling of the wagon lol) I'm slowly losing lbs. Just want to have some friends to have some fun with on this journey.
  • dontgiveup2319
    dontgiveup2319 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! Anyone is welcome to add me! I love encouraging and helping others!
  • altugbayrak
    altugbayrak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will try to help you. I am at 32.6 kg of my 45 kg journey
  • mattsgrl98
    mattsgrl98 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I did this program and lost some weight couple yrs ago. I am restarting again now that my littlest baby is 2. I am hoping for some success again! I am trying to lose quite a bit. I have a lot to lose but like to set small goals so I don't overwhelm myself. Right know I have set my goal to 35 lbs. I could use some friends too :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :]

Rest assured, you are not alone in feeling how you feel. The fantastic thing about this site is there are so many of us in the same boat and willing to offer support so we can all *get there*! You are a beautiful girl and I promise if you work hard and don't give in, you'll reach your goal. Wishing you the very best of luck and don't be afraid to reach out if you're struggling. You can do this.
  • stacielynn67
    stacielynn67 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the wonderful responses!
  • pedrolaroque
    pedrolaroque Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You'll do great I know it.
  • Chelseamatic1
    Chelseamatic1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38 since July and still need to lose another 60 lbs minimum. Your story sounds so much like mine. I lost 80 lbs in 2012, then gained it back :( now desperately trying to lose again. I also need more like-minded friends