New here and need motivation

Options
zikajordan14
zikajordan14 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 2015 in Getting Started
Hello everyone,
I'm kinda new here cos I've been on and off.I need to lose about 8kg to be on the recommended BMI. I'm 5ft7 inches and weigh 79.6kg. Trying to get to 71 or 72kg before March next year. Thinking of getting pregnant around then. I need serious motivations to stay on track cos i tend to always lose focus. I need to know how not to always want to put something in my mouth.I'll really appreciate your help

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    If you're always losing focus... then you have a lack of commitment. Generally, those with commitment will achieve their goals and then proceed to get other goals they want.

If you're not getting it done... you probably don't want it all that bad.

• Dianemarie58
    Dianemarie58 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to keep track of why you want to lose. Put up some baby pics, whenever you go to put something in your mouth think of giggles and smiles of that child you want. You seem to have the final goal in mind, how about setting yourself some minor goals along the way and then the large goal won't seem so daunting. I don't know kgs but I know lbs and I set a goal for 1 to 2 a week, with a 6lbs goal for the month. If I get over my goal I reward myself with just a few extra calories to celebrate, but not enough to take away my achievement.
    Good luck. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • zikajordan14
    Options
    @Dianemarie58 Thanks so much. Really appreciate it
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I agree with Diane! :]
    Ask yourself what results you want and why. The more important the reasons for change, the more likely it is you'll stay on track. I used to lose 'focus' regularly a few years ago because I simply wasn't ready to accept a lifestyle change. For me, I had a wake up call and have never, ever looked back. Sometimes you just need to want it enough.

I wish you the very best of luck and I hope you stay strong and positive!
  • zikajordan14
    Options
    Thanks. Will do so