Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........

Options
do healthy things taste like green tea and not like chocolate or mashed potatoes?

Replies

• CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I don't know. But I'm glad I don't even like mashed potatoes.
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Ha! Love this.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I wish it did! Losing weight would be a whole lot easier!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I have some cheese for the whine.............HAHA
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    hahah youre funny!!!!good question,,haha
  • jennlco
    jennlco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Aww you need to discover what foods there are out there that are healthy for you and taste amazing :) I know everyone is different - I love my healthy stuff :) There is enough out there to satisfy my cravings if I ever do crave chocolate etc.
    Good luck! Your ticker says you have lost an amazing amount of weight. CONGRATS! :)
  • kjstaley70
    kjstaley70 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This was too funny! :) I love green tea and chocolate so it makes it even harder for me!!
  • onlinebs
    onlinebs Posts: 15
    Options
    I happen to like Green Tea, but that's just me.

You can get the intense flavor of a good chocolate from some cheeses, put some Bleu on your next sandwich. It's great. I'm lucky, I like the taste of healthy foods. Hell, I just like everything, that's how I got fat.

For you, try recipes like Hungry Girl's. Chocolate muffins, etc - but with low calories!
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    Ugh. I hate green tea. But some healthy things taste like blackberries or blueberries or strawberries.....mmmmmmmmmmmm, berries!!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Luna bars taste like chocolate but have 8g of protein and only 180 cals a whole bar (I eat them in half bars)

And...you get used to it. I don't have the slightest urge to eat things like pasta and rice any more. Occasionally bread tempts me (and I confess I ate a danish pastry yesterday - first time in years, but it was literally the only vegetarian breakfast option where we were). Mashed potatoes are fine, just in small portion sizes. Really portion sizes are the key.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's just not fair is it?
    I satisfy my chocolate cravings by having a curly wurly as it's only 115 cals.
    As far as mashed potato is concerned you can still have it, just mash a bit of quark soft cheese into it instead of butter or milk. Quark is fat free so it's win win :happy:
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have some cheese for the whine.............HAHA
    I hope that's low-fat cheese :laugh:
  • SlimDownDani
    Options
    Summer time is here, with all the fresh fruit out there you won't even need the cookies...
    As for the mashed potatoes - I feeeeeel you on that. Gosh, they are such a comfort food.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i cant stand green tea =[ it tastes like iv accidentally swallowed deodorant after someone has sprayed it...
    But i am a complete chocoholic!

Damn imagine if lettuce tasted like chocolate!
    Then that's all i would eat!
    Maybe one day they'l make diet chocolate with no calories, no fat, no carbs, etc..
    If it still tasted the same and wasnt rediculously expensive it would be amazing!!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    have you tried mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes? it's actually not bad!
  • sevangelista
    Options
    The answer rests with Greek Mythology. Humans had to make an offering to the gods. They chose to trick the gods and make a very sweet smelling treat that was of no nutritional value. This of course backfired on us and made us desire the food of the gods:)